The Student Room Group

TSR Malaysian Society

Scroll to see replies

Kinokuniya in KLCC is a bookshop
Kinokuniya in Yokohama Station is a Supermarket. I can take a pic of it as proof. LOL
Reply 1581
kinokuniya wtf :rofl: i swear i can't pass klcc's without a packet of tissue:p:

MPH is not english! or we won't have WH Smith and whatnots. and i swear i heard someone saying that malaysia's MPH store is the biggest in asia :indiff: wait, borders pun ader di sana?:eek4:

@andrew
selamat datang:p: saya bukan uni student jadi tak boleh tolong awak di situ, tapi england di mana-mana best, jadi tak payah lah risau sangat. saya pun hopefully nak masuk oxbridge and to be honest, susah nak pilih mana satu! tapi preference oxford la:smile:

@speedstacker
laa explain je lah:p: mungkin saya boleh pick up bahasa cina sikit-skikit =P

@strawberry
ZOMG you're in japan?! how was it? purdue university...err, in japan?:confused:

@bigkahuna
haha lol you mean the ones that are way too massive or what? to me, so long they're nice i don't mind if they wear tudong or whatever. i know a malay girl who refuse to think that she's asian so she acts like an american idiot:smile:
Reply 1582
The "someone" gave you wrong info. Blame him. :smile:
lol...

do you mean MPH is not english in that it's not from england, or that it's not english because it doesn't sell mainly english books?? i think that's the fundamental confusion here...

(btw, oxford memang lebih baik daripada cambridge. :smile:)
Purdue University is in the US. I've just been living my past 3.5 years in Japan to complete high school :smile:
sitting_duck

(btw, oxford memang lebih baik daripada cambridge. :smile:)

Lol not necessarily...if you are talking about the teachings it depends on the courses they offer, and even if there are differences they would be minimal. No comments on the student life there though as I haven't been there before.
Reply 1586
I prefer cambridge over oxford personally.
no idea...Imperial's my choice if I were to pick a UK college.
Reply 1588
Hello. Fellow Malaysian here! :biggrin:
welcome!
@ WH : Why Camb > Ox? :smile:
hi frenzy
Reply 1591
Eru Lawliet
welcome!
@ WH : Why Camb > Ox? :smile:

It seems like sceneries in Cambridge are more beautiful than that of Oxford.:smile: This is what my teacher told me..hehe..
Reputation wise, it really depends on your course.
Cambridge rocks because Ian McKellen went there. :biggrin: /fangirl

Seriously speaking, I'd go for Oxford if you want to do a joint course, like Economics & Management - Cambridge doesn't offer joint courses. Oxford is a bigger city, but that doesn't mean the social life in Cambridge is bad. :p:
sitting_duck
(i) If you mean individual bookshops, Borders Times Square is the largest in Malaysia, Kinokuniya in Singapore is the largest in South-East Asia. Not sure about the whole of Asia.
(ii) If you mean bookshop chains, MPH is the largest bookshop chain in Malaysia, but definitely not Asia.

I visited the Kinokuniya bookstore in Singapore a few days ago..it is HUGE! :eek: I never reached the end..the place was just too big! And they've got rows of French and German books..amazing! I could've spent the whole day there, but my family wanted to shop for clothes :p: I wish Malaysia had such a huge bookstore!

we're too stingy. Deal with it. LOL
Reply 1595
^ no, we're just too lazy that's why we don't have big bookshops :p: dah nampak perpustakaan negara? :eek: building comel, buku yer smama yg kita ader di rumah :s-smilie:

ooh, high school! but hangon, i thought you're malaysian?:confused: or are you one yg memang dah tinggal di sana lama?

i am absolutely sure that MPH is not english, btw. kalau tidak, kenapa saya tak pernah nampak SATU pun di sini? kalau MPH boleh pergi ke luar negeri, mestilah kena jadi one of the best in the original country. wek, i don't make sense :confused:

tbh i don't know whether oxford is better than cambridge. cambridge sounds more romantic tho:love: haha, ian mckellen, the one that played as gandalf?:biggrin:
Reply 1596
You just come back to Msia and see if MPH is an english bookstore. :smile:

Don't know why there isnt one in the UK though.
Chezua

tbh i don't know whether oxford is better than cambridge. cambridge sounds more romantic tho:love: haha, ian mckellen, the one that played as gandalf?:biggrin:

Yep, he acted as Magneto in X-Men and Sir Leigh Teabing in The Da Vinci Code too :smile: Malaysians don't read a lot, that's why we have so few big bookstores :smile: The Kinokuniya in Singapore was packed with people - there were people browsing even the most obscure of books :smile:
MPH = Mad People's House. :biggrin:
Reply 1599
^ woah honestly? :eek4:

@wai hou
aww thanks for inviting me :biggrin: we're planning to go back next year though, for the summer holidays :suith:

yeah i wish malaysians read a lot, i swear we can beat our lazy nature! -_-

Quick Reply

Latest