The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NViasko
See? It's all about post count and rep. *Sighs* I pity some of you.

Sarcasm, my friend. Haven't quite got the hang of it, have you?
Reply 41
Bubblebee
Well, da da!

What she actually said was it isn't burnt skin at all, which means she has dry skin. The soloution which many of us said....moisturise.

Listen, when the skin peels it dries up due to the sun. This skin, in turn, is called 'dead skin'. This occurs due to excessive amounts of UV radiation from the sun, and not enough skin protection.
Reply 42
amywalters
Sarcasm, my friend. Haven't quite got the hang of it, have you?

Just using logic. In an earlier post you commented about my rep. And in your (what you claim) sarcastic post, you mentioned rep along side post count. Didn't seem too sarcastic to me.
NViasko
Just using logic. In an earlier post you commented about my rep. And in your (what you claim) sarcastic post, you mentioned rep along side post count. Didn't seem too sarcastic to me.

No, I simply said that, personally, I find no use for you to be around here (when you comment back to me with 'Thanks, much appreciated' in your sarcastic manner. I was only offering my opinions and advise, if you have no value for them then don't come back to the thread again) and if you choose to carry on with your behaviour, then be my guest, because the only thing that I benefit from is the fact my post count goes up, petty, but good.
NViasko
Listen, when the skin peels it dries up due to the sun. This skin, in turn, is called 'dead skin'. This occurs due to excessive amounts of UV radiation from the sun, and not enough skin protection.

Look mate. I'm going by what the OP said.

Peeling skin, not burnt.
Moisturise.

Yes sun protection is vital but it is not the point of this post.
Reply 45
amywalters
No, I simply said that, personally, I find no use for you to be around here (when you comment back to me with 'Thanks, much appreciated' in your sarcastic manner. I was only offering my opinions and advise, if you have no value for them then don't come back to the thread again) and if you choose to carry on with your behaviour, then be my guest, because the only thing that I benefit from is the fact my post count goes up, petty, but good.

Just thanking you for your contribution.
Reply 46
Bubblebee

Peeling skin, not burnt.
Moisturise.

To prevent the reoccurance and yes it DOES have a point you silly mare.
Bubblebee

Peeling skin, not burnt.
Moisturise.

Indeed, I put sun cream on when I go on holiday, but it makes no difference. If I haven't built up the layers of sun on my skin, I peel. Yes, peeling is dead skin, but the point of this post was more to what to do with what to do afterwards, not how to stop it again.
Reply 48
amywalters
Indeed, I put sun cream on when I go on holiday, but it makes no difference. If I haven't built up the layers of sun on my skin, I peel. Yes, peeling is dead skin, but the point of this post was more to what to do with what to do afterwards, not how to stop it again.

Just giving a wider perspective. Preventing it in future is important, don't you think?
NViasko
Just giving a wider perspective. Preventing it is important, don't you think?

Yes, but, not the question in hand.
Reply 50
amywalters
Yes, but, not the question in hand.

I think it is.

"Any tips on stopping this"
NViasko
I think it is.

"Any tips on stopping this"

You know that it was in reference to stopping the peeling now, not to stop it beforehand :smile:
Reply 52
amywalters
You know that it was in reference to stopping the peeling now, not to stop it beforehand :smile:

Not necessarily, and I hope the OP will benefit from my sound advice to prevent this occurring in the future.
Reply 53
Um yes. i know suncream is essential. the fact is im not burnt red, im brown, but im peeling like a madwoman here

thank you for the exfoliating and moisturising suggestions peeps :smile:
Reply 54
saoirse
Um yes. i know suncream is essential. the fact is im not burnt red, im brown, but im peeling like a madwoman here

thank you for the exfoliating and moisturising suggestions peeps :smile:

My Mum is a medic; she knows what she is talking about. The reason why your skin has peeled is because it has BURNED. It may not be a 'hurtful' burn, but it has still BURNED. To prevent the BURNING, we use a thing called, wait for it... SUN BLOCK! You're either not applying enough of the SUN BLOCK during the day, or you're using the wrong sun protection factor. Or both!

Yes moisturizer will eliminate any temporary dryness, but you're obviously not applying an adequate amount of SUN BLOCK or using a high enough factor!
My go you are a stubborn ****!
Reply 56
Bubblebee
My go you are a stubborn ****!

who's go:rolleyes:
Reply 57
Why are you resurrecting 6 month old threads?

Latest

Trending

Trending