The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

Northampton vs Keele Vs Lincoln ?? HELP

I'v just got my offers in and can't decide which Uni's to chose for my 'Firm choice' and my 'Insurance Choice'. I have an unconditional from Northampton and conditionals from Keele, Lincoln and De Montfort all for Business/Marketing/Computing related courses.

I just want a reputable University with a decent night/student life that has good accommodation - Looking for one with a shower etc in my room also as i don't really like the idea of communal showering
Reply 1
In terms of league tables both Keele and Lincoln seem very good and respectable. Northampton is in Newcastle so has a vibrant night-life. Keele and Lincoln are quite small so seem to have less of a wild night - life than Northampton.
Northampton
Original post by C0nfused_Student
I'v just got my offers in and can't decide which Uni's to chose for my 'Firm choice' and my 'Insurance Choice'. I have an unconditional from Northampton and conditionals from Keele, Lincoln and De Montfort all for Business/Marketing/Computing related courses.

I just want a reputable University with a decent night/student life that has good accommodation - Looking for one with a shower etc in my room also as i don't really like the idea of communal showering

90% of Lincoln university accommodation is en-suite, I've been to the open days twice. It's centered in the middle of the town with all accommodation on campus. The night life seems good and there's a Nando's and a ODEON across the river so plenty of things to do. It's my first choice and I recommend it highly. Northampton is my insurance choice at the moment and it seems nice with new buildings and centered i the city with a student club down the road. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Drunk Connor
90% of Lincoln university accommodation is en-suite, I've been to the open days twice. It's centered in the middle of the town with all accommodation on campus. The night life seems good and there's a Nando's and a ODEON across the river so plenty of things to do. It's my first choice and I recommend it highly. Northampton is my insurance choice at the moment and it seems nice with new buildings and centered i the city with a student club down the road. Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks, what course is it that you have applied for?

I'm thinking of Keele as my firm and Lincoln as my insurance... However i think its more likely i will end up at Lincoln. The only downside for Lincoln to me is that the marketing courses don't focus much on computing, they are jut Business and Marketing whereas Keele has 'Marketing and Computer Science' and 'Northampton has Marketing and Business Computing'.
Reply 4
Original post by Spacey368
In terms of league tables both Keele and Lincoln seem very good and respectable. Northampton is in Newcastle so has a vibrant night-life. Keele and Lincoln are quite small so seem to have less of a wild night - life than Northampton.

Northampton isn't in Newcastle. How has anyone not said this before... Just pick the one you feel more at home and like the look of the course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending