The Student Room Group

I want to be rich.

As you can see from the title I want to be rich. I am willing to work hard and be patient. But I feel like I dont fully know how to get to those levels of 250k salaries in the future.I think i have the academic ability and the ruthlessness to do it, but have no family or family friends who I can see as an example. I am going to uni in september/october. will I likely find inspiration or a driving force or the means to go and get that hardcore salary in banking or any maths or finance realted career.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cem101
As you can see from the title I want to be rich. I am willing to work hard and be patient. But I feel like I dont fully know how to get to those levels of 250k salaries in the future.I think i have the academic ability and the ruthlessness to do it, but have no family or family friends who I can see as an example. I am going to uni in september/october. will I likely find inspiration or a driving force or the means to go and get that hardcore salary in banking or any maths or finance realted career.

dont we alll......

just grab every opportunity you can and make the most of it!!!!!:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by cupcakes87
dont we alll......

just grab every opportunity you can and make the most of it!!!!!:biggrin:

well yes, but i feel like there are some people and when you look at them you say, theyre gonna make it. but why? is it what you know? who you know? or is it a matter of knocking on enough doors that someone is statistically likely to open one.
Original post by cem101

That's not rich. That's well off.

Rich people don't take a high salary. They take a dividend.
Reply 4
A little luck might help you a little bit on your way
Reply 5
Rich people are not people with the high salaries. Rich people are those who hire people and pay the salaries.
Try to be unique and you will easily become rich.

But don't waste your time... far too many have sought over such a goal in life, but is it the true goal of life?

Also the richest of people aren't those with money, it those whose hearts are fulfilled.
Money can buy love and happiness.Without money,no one will love you and you'll be unhappy.
Reply 8
shock horror!
Reply 9
I want to be a billionaire, so freaking bad, buy all the things I never had

Original post by finnthehuman
Try to be unique and you will easily become rich.

But don't waste your time... far too many have sought over such a goal in life, but is it the true goal of life?

Also the richest of people aren't those with money, it those whose hearts are fulfilled.

:rofl: Dude c'mon. Rich = money.
Reply 10
I think know of some Nigerian princes who might need a little help short-term but who could definitely make sure you're rich within the year. You should get in contact with them.
Reply 11
If you want to become properly rich, it has little to do with academic ability.
Original post by Ripper-Roo
I want to be a billionaire, so freaking bad, buy all the things I never had

:rofl: Dude c'mon. Rich = money.

Chances are you will never be 'rich', so you will live poor all your life...

I know many people who are happy and aren't rich lol.

Also what didn't you have? I bet you trivial things... like planes,cars and all that non-sense.

EDIT: Try this out and see what percentile you are in: http://www.globalrichlist.com/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Chances are you will never be 'rich', so you will live poor all your life...

I know many people who are happy and aren't rich lol.

Also what didn't you have? I bet you trivial things... like planes,cars and all that non-sense.

What gives you the right to say people won't be 'rich' and will be 'poor'? I can be whatever I want to be and achieve whatever I want to achieve.

I want to be rich over being happy, happiness isn't important to me. $$$ is

I want to live in America. England is a dump
Original post by Noble.
If you want to become properly rich, it has little to do with academic ability.

You're just jealous -- rich people are all really smart.

Reply 15
Original post by TimmonaPortella

Ah good ol' Donald :rofl:
Original post by Ripper-Roo
What gives you the right to say people won't be 'rich' and will be 'poor'? I can be whatever I want to be and achieve whatever I want to achieve.

I want to be rich over being happy, happiness isn't important to me. $$$ is

I want to live in America. England is a dump

Well you can stay in dream land forever. While you are at it, why don't you got space as well and become the president?

Also no WILL NOT achieve what you want to achieve, you could though. It's not guaranteed.

Okay fair enough, you should go to America... try and live the american dream there lol.
Reply 17
Original post by TimmonaPortella

Is he wearing fake tan?
Original post by cem101

What are you currently doing to become rich?
Reply 19
Well you can stay in dream land forever. While you are at it, why don't you got space as well and become the president?

Also no WILL NOT achieve what you want to achieve, you could though. It's not guaranteed.

Okay fair enough, you should go to America... try and live the american dream there lol.

It'll be better than this **** hole where people gush over an unelected bitch of head of state

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending