The Student Room Group

Regents uni

I'm really interested in studying at Regents uni, but do I have to be rich to study there as I know the tuition fees are quite expensive.
Original post by afrah s xx
I'm really interested in studying at Regents uni, but do I have to be rich to study there as I know the tuition fees are quite expensive.

From https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/student-advice/finance/are-you-eligible-for-student-finance#:~:text=To%20get%20student%20finance%2C%20you,be%20approved%20for%20public%20funding.

‘To get student finance, you must study a course run by (or on behalf of) a publicly funded or registered UK university. Or, if you study at a private institution, your course must be approved for public funding.’

But dont think of the uni, but the course you want to study first.

The way to check is
Make a student finance account
Select undergraduate degree
Skip or fill details until the university section:
Where you enter the uni and course - if it comes up, it is available for funding
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by afrah s xx

You would need to check if your course has been approved for government funding (if you normally live in England, then you can ask SFE on this forum). If it has been approved, then you could get a tuition fee loan (again ask SFE what the current amount is) but it is very unlikely to cover the high fees that private unis charge. So yes, you will need to be rich to study there :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending