The Student Room Group

help!! i think i made a huge mistake !!! :O

i study biology, chemistry and psychology at a level and when i was trying to decide what course to do out of biology and chemistry, as i really enjoy both of these subjects i was rushed to choose a course so i applied for biological sciences at university, however i think i made a huge mistake, i really really enjoy chemistry a level so much more, i understand it more and i just love studying chemistry, can i change courses to chemistry through clearing? or apply to foundation chem through clearing if i don't get higher grades?

also i want too stay in London or go to a university that is at least an hour away from London.
Reply 1
withdraw and extra? or clearing?
or gap year and reapply?
Not to put biology down but chemistry is more mathematical so if you like both biology and chemistry, chemistry will give you options of doing jobs like accountancy/finance as well as science based careers.
Original post by derma2019
withdraw and extra? or clearing?
or gap year and reapply?

i think i am better off going through to clearing but i dont know much about it for example do i have to create a whole new personal statement for chemistry
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Not to put biology down but chemistry is more mathematical so if you like both biology and chemistry, chemistry will give you options of doing jobs like accountancy/finance as well as science based careers.

but i already applied for biology:frown:
Original post by TheGameOfScience
but i already applied for biology:frown:

Biology is still good, it is a natural science. I just thought if you did decide to re-apply and the opportunity to maybe choose chemistry instead came up you should consider what I said.

But then if you have no interest in accountancy or finance related jobs then it wouldn't matter. I'm studying physics which is great when it comes to applying for a finance type job but I really do not want to do that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Biology is still good, it is a natural science. I just thought if you did decide to re-apply and the opportunity to maybe choose chemistry instead came up you should consider what I said.

But then if you have no interest in accountancy or finance related jobs then it wouldn't matter. I'm studying physics which is great when it comes to applying for a finance type job but I really do not want to do that.

:lol: your the first physicist that i know who has ever said that biology is good, but thank you! there is a lot of maths and problem solving in chem so you can work pretty much anywhere with a chem degree:biggrin: i regret not picking chem now! the only reason i didn't pick it is because i didnt do a level maths so i would struggle and also they tell you to forget whatt you learned in as- as my chem teachers have told me :frown: but i regret it now and i cant change it until results day :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending