The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Ridiclous attendance policy

One thing that really grinds my gears about this crap University is its pathetic attendance policy. Miss 3 seminars out of the 12 and you automatically fail, regardless of academic achievement. What a load of b*lls. Basically so many chavs come here that they need to actually fail people if they "play truant"
Reply 1
Original post by NYU2012
Durham does this as well, it's not unique to your university.

It's no where near as strict. Still a ridiculous policy.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by LightDragoon
One thing that really grinds my gears about this crap University is its pathetic attendance policy. Miss 3 seminars out of the 12 and you automatically fail, regardless of academic achievement. What a load of b*lls. Basically so many chavs come here that they need to actually fail people if they "play truant"

Just go to the seminars...
Reply 3
I had no idea this existed lol, at my uni they don't care as long as you do the work, which is how it should be. why do they care if you show up, I do most of my work independently and am on track for 2:1 so far.
They want you to turn up for the teaching you're paying for?

Why is this even an issue?
Reply 5
Original post by LightDragoon

Which is why it has an attendance policy. As you said yourself, no one would turn up without it. I wouldn't have gone half the time, and I'd have done much worse if I hadn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending