The Student Room Group

University of Dundee vs Coventry University- opinions (Computer Science)

These two universities are my top choices for Computer Science, and since I dont come from the Uk I really want someone to tell me which university would they prefer. I have read good things about both of them and the Rankings say Dundee is better but i really need a students opinion. Thank you!
Original post by kris4an7
These two universities are my top choices for Computer Science, and since I dont come from the Uk I really want someone to tell me which university would they prefer. I have read good things about both of them and the Rankings say Dundee is better but i really need a students opinion. Thank you!

No students will have been to both. No student will have a very good knowledge of what industry employers think about these degrees.

Dundee seems to have a very good reputation in computing. No real idea about Coventry. However, Coventry is in the West Midlands and very handy for much of England including London. Dundee is very handy for Dundee. You are nearly 6 hours from London by train and 11/2 from Edinburgh. Dundee isn't Britain's most remote university but it is probably in the top ten.
Reply 2
I'd go to dundee, but both cities are ****holes. Sorry mate.
Reply 3
I'd definitely visit both of them soon if you can, I went to Dundee for a year and didn't visit it beforehand, ended up hating the city.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I don't plan to stay in those cities, after graduating i want to move to smth. big, so if the city isnt very good I dont think it would be a problem. I was just searching for some hints.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending