The Student Room Group

2015 medical applicant

GCSEs: 1A* 7A's 2B's 1c
PREDICTED AS GRADES: AAAA (maths, bio, chem, phy)
Decent amount of work experience.

I am looking to apply for medicine in 2015
Which universities should I apply to with these mediocre grades? And which ones are the most likely to consider me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hi Rickstahhh - however much of a faff it might be, the best thing is to have a trawl through university websites. Many of them change their entry requirements after recent application cycles, so it could be that recent/past applicants will have been subject to different entry requirements than people who are applying now. As a starting point though, have a look at: http://bma.org.uk/developing-your-career/medical-student/entry-to-medical-school/entry-requirements.
Original post by Rickstahhh
GCSEs: 1A* 7A's 2B's 1c
PREDICTED AS GRADES: AAAA (maths, bio, chem, phy)
Decent amount of work experience.

I am looking to apply for medicine in 2015
Which universities should I apply to with these mediocre grades? And which ones are the most likely to consider me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liverpool
Sheffield
Bristol

These are all less academically focused and more personal statement, extra-curricular orientated. Hate to say it but many people will be applying with 6A*+ so I would avoid applying somewhere like Birmingham or Leeds. UKCAT is a big factor (unless you apply to liverpool and bristol who dont consider it) - if you smash UKCAT you could get a guaranteed interview at Hull York or even Newcastle. My advice is do LOADS of work experience and voluntary work and get involved in things
Newcastle is no good if you want to study their enfaces is on drinking and partying, and in particularly Castle Leazes and Ricky road, it is mayhem...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending