The Student Room Group

Choosing a course: History or English & Management??

Choosing a course: History or English & Management??

I currently hold a place to study at St.Andrews university to study Ancient History. Because of the degree structure this means I can choose 2 other subjects to study in my first 2 years to give a me a wider choice of what degree subject I actually want to graduate with.

However I'm a little bit torn; should I pursue other history modules (medieval, modern etc.) for a 'History' degree OR modules in English and Management?

I really enjoy history, but I also really enjoy English Literature yet I understand that it's quite a common degree, and the employment rate isn't great with that degree, hence combining it with management.

English and Management isn't a very common degree, or subject combination, so I was just hoping for some input, what are people's thoughts on this, does English and Management sound like a good combination? people who have done (or are doing) any of these (History, English, Management) subjects at Uni what did you enjoy about your degree (share any experiences about course content, workload etc.) and What kind of prospects have people found there are with either History, English or Management?

Thanks so much :biggrin:
Reply 1
Doing History, English, and Management sounds like a really good idea to me! I'm not sure which careers History can lead to, but I know that English Lit opens doors in things like publishing and PR, and Management's kind of obvious. Having a broad degree as many doors open as possible, and particularly combining a more academic subject like History with a more directly applicable subject like Management should be really beneficial.
Reply 2
Thank for your input! That's what I was thinking, I'm definitely leaning more towards combining something like English or Art history (academic and arty) with management to make it more employable! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending