The Student Room Group

Do you girls and guys sit on public toliet seats?

title :smile:, its just something I would like to know and I mean skin touching seat btw.

I don't sit on them or I use hand sanitizer then loo paper to make a ring and a barrier, also for those that don't sit how do you go about it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lou 22
title :smile:, its just something I would like to know and I mean skin touching seat btw.

This freaks me out more than anything I've ever known - I can't use public toilets at all because the idea of sitting where so many strangers have sat with their naked arses scares the **** out of me. Not literally. :tongue:

I will hold it in with dear life if I'm not at home and only when I know that I will wet myself do I go. Last time this happened was back in December 2012 when I was in Egypt and I climbed up Mount Sinai (Moses/Ten Commandments/burning bush mountain). I felt the need to go just after I left my hotel and because I knew I was going to spend 6ish hours walking up and down a mountain I had to go to a public toilet. This one wasn't extremely bad for a toilet near a mountain in the middle of nowhere. I searched through about 4 toilets until I found one with the most tissue and I went crazy covering the seat up. These toilets were just as bad as the really bad ones we get in this country. Just after I went I felt the need to go again soon after. I'm pretty sure this was just the effect of waiting around in the cold for ages whilst my sister (who was heavily pregnant at the time) and her husband (who was suffering severe food poisoning!) were deciding whether or not they wanted to go. They stayed so my other sister, brother and I start walking up the mountain. As soon as we're about 10 minutes in I tell them I need to go again - as does my sister. At home, in the UK, I can hold it in for about 8 hours on a typical day but on that damn mountain the temperature must have been something like -3 and getting colder as we got to the top. I was becoming more and more desperate to go as we got closer to the top. So, 5 hours later it's about 20 minutes past sunrise and we start making our way down. By the time we started making our way down, I swear to you I seriously thought I was going to wet myself. As we walked back to the bottom of the mountain we came to a little stop/rest thing where they had a toilet. My sister and I absolutely had to go. I think it cost 50p and we got like 1 or 2 pieces of toilet tissue. Nothing more. Walking in you could smell the awful, awful grotesque stench of **** and piss because, well, you can't really get a fully functioning sewage system in the middle of a mountain. At this point I had to grow a pair and just go because it was either that or I wet myself and spend the next 3-4 hours unable to shower. My sister went before me and thankfully she knows me well enough to know that she has to lie to me if something is that bad because if I knew the truth then I wouldn't have gone. I almost cried in that toilet. It was that bad. The didn't have a flush so everything was just flowing out somehow and I don't know, it was just so horrible. Now I know next time I climb a freaking mountain I'm taking adult nappies or SOMETHING. That toilet was just severely public. :eek:
**** no.
Reply 3
Original post by Vixen47
This freaks me out more than anything I've ever known - I can't use public toilets at all because the idea of sitting where so many strangers have sat with their naked arses scares the **** out of me. Not literally. :tongue:

I will hold it in with dear life if I'm not at home and only when I know that I will wet myself do I go. Last time this happened was back in December 2012 when I was in Egypt and I climbed up Mount Sinai (Moses/Ten Commandments/burning bush mountain). I felt the need to go just after I left my hotel and because I knew I was going to spend 6ish hours walking up and down a mountain I had to go to a public toilet. This one wasn't extremely bad for a toilet near a mountain in the middle of nowhere. I searched through about 4 toilets until I found one with the most tissue and I went crazy covering the seat up. These toilets were just as bad as the really bad ones we get in this country. Just after I went I felt the need to go again soon after. I'm pretty sure this was just the effect of waiting around in the cold for ages whilst my sister (who was heavily pregnant at the time) and her husband (who was suffering severe food poisoning!) were deciding whether or not they wanted to go. They stayed so my other sister, brother and I start walking up the mountain. As soon as we're about 10 minutes in I tell them I need to go again - as does my sister. At home, in the UK, I can hold it in for about 8 hours on a typical day but on that damn mountain the temperature must have been something like -3 and getting colder as we got to the top. I was becoming more and more desperate to go as we got closer to the top. So, 5 hours later it's about 20 minutes past sunrise and we start making our way down. By the time we started making our way down, I swear to you I seriously thought I was going to wet myself. As we walked back to the bottom of the mountain we came to a little stop/rest thing where they had a toilet. My sister and I absolutely had to go. I think it cost 50p and we got like 1 or 2 pieces of toilet tissue. Nothing more. Walking in you could smell the awful, awful grotesque stench of **** and piss because, well, you can't really get a fully functioning sewage system in the middle of a mountain. At this point I had to grow a pair and just go because it was either that or I wet myself and spend the next 3-4 hours unable to shower. My sister went before me and thankfully she knows me well enough to know that she has to lie to me if something is that bad because if I knew the truth then I wouldn't have gone. I almost cried in that toilet. It was that bad. The didn't have a flush so everything was just flowing out somehow and I don't know, it was just so horrible. Now I know next time I climb a freaking mountain I'm taking adult nappies or SOMETHING. That toilet was just severely public. :eek:

Ah right, I was about to say why didn't you relieve yourself on the mountain, but then I remembered it has some kind of symbolic importance.

Yep, carry baby wipes when on holiday!

As for me, I have never been in a public toilet except for when I''ve been clubbing, and the university library toilets.

Otherwise, the toilets are frankly disgusting and I actively try to avoid going in a public toilet.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Sit?? Gosh no, I've gained strong legs, balance and stamina from avoiding touching the seat. If I really do need to sit then a couple of toilet paper barriers help, they also make the seat comfy and warm :biggrin:
Original post by tehforum
Ah right, I was about to say why didn't you relieve yourself on the mountain, but then I remembered it has some kind of symbolic importance.

Never mind the symbolic importance (those toilets already did more damage to that than I could!), I was more scared of falling or having a camel push me off the mountain. :redface:
Reply 6
No, I hover.

It kills my legs but it has to be done, my skin is not touching that seat :eek:
Reply 7
Life is so much easier when you can take a leak anywhere :redface:
Except when the cops catch you -.-
Public bathrooms are my worst fear ever,, I haven't used one in about 7 years, and most likely will never use one, just the thought of it makes me anxious. I think all toilets are horrible, I have OCD though, so that's a big part of it, even if I didn't I still wouldn't touch a public toilet. I never go to the bathroom when I'm out, I just don't drink anything outside and wait until I get home.
Oh god no, there's always plenty of loo roll to stop my bum touching the seat :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Yes :colondollar:
Honestly it's not gonna kill you! Public toilets, particularly those in institutions such as university or work, are cleaned much more often than your home toilets! I suppose if I was a girl I would hover over toilets on nights out but boys have nothing to worry about because you can hold a **** till you get home.
I've never had a **** in a public toilet so no. Probably the closest I've come is in hotels abroad and they've been cleaned and prepared so not really public in that sense. I need to sit on my throne otherwise its just weird to me.

My body just seems programmed now to only need to go when I'm near my throne. :cool:
Reply 13
I don't ever ever EVER use a public toilet anyway.... They seriously creep me out.. If I was going to genuinely pee my self i would go but thats it. I always wait til I get home.
Reply 14
No I'm a dude :proud:

And I never go No2 in public.
I hover, and I only don't hover at my family's houses, a few of my friends or my own... I think it's a true sign of friendship when I decide it's safe to sit

Fortunately I now have good thighs :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will simply cover the surface with loads of tissues and sit on the tissues. Hygienic and more comfy..it's damn tiring if you squat and **** at the same time...:/ it really is
Reply 17
Definitely not, i'd rather soil myself.
Reply 18
You don't have to sit you can stand up and do lool
I put down two layers of toilet paper on the seat or hold it in until I get home. I cannot just sit on the toilet. Ugh. I know girls who do, it's disgusting. I learnt that you can catch Amoebiasis if there's any E. histolytica on the toilet seat.

Quick Reply

Latest