The Student Room Group

Is my A-level combination suitable for a law or economics degree?

I want to either do a law or economics degree and was wondering if my A-levels were suitable. At the moment I want to do :

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Spanish

Are these suitable for both degrees at good universities such as oxbridge and bristol or should I consider swapping Further Maths for something like English Literature?
Not an expert, but I think if you did swap Further Maths for English literature you'd have both degrees wide open to you! :smile:
Reply 2
That combination is perfect for Economics certainly at any university, especially if Maths/FM/Econ are all carried onto A2.

For Law I hear your A-levels can be just about any hard academic subject - your combo fits the bill. If you're swapping anything out for English Lit, I'd advise it to be Spanish, but honestly, if you enjoy those 4 and are certain about not wanting to do anything in the sciences, leave your options as they are.
To study Law at university you don't really need to have studied relevant subjects. All they require is for you to have studied academic subjects excluding critical thinking and things like that. However, taking English Lit or Lan can be beneficial. Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest