The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

MSc Genetic Counselling

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I think that too. I would preferably like a house near the Heath Park Campus but I think wherever we live we will end up travelling quite a bit. Good luck searching and I hope you manage to find somewhere nice!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 21
Thank You! I hope you find somewhere great as well!
Reply 22
Have either of you had your offer change to unconditional? If yes, how long did it take after you e-mailed the admissions office to change?
Do you mean on the university portal website?
Mine hasn't changed, but I haven't e-mailed the admissions office about it either. Do we have to?
Reply 24
Original post by Bethany_B
Do you mean on the university portal website?
Mine hasn't changed, but I haven't e-mailed the admissions office about it either. Do we have to?

Mmhhmm, yeah. I think we're supposed to let them know once we've submitted all our documents that prove we've met our offer conditions.

In my offer letter it says: "As your offer is subject to conditions, you must inform the Admissions Team as soon as you have satisfied the conditions of your offer."

I contacted them 3 weeks ago and they still haven't changed mine...
Oh I see what you mean, sorry. Yeah I had emailed to say I had sent everything off etc. I emailed them at the begining of the week asking how long it will take to change. They haven't replied to me yet but I will let you know if they do!
Reply 26
Oh I see what you mean, sorry. Yeah I had emailed to say I had sent everything off etc. I emailed them at the begining of the week asking how long it will take to change. They haven't replied to me yet but I will let you know if they do!

Ok! Yeah I'm curious how long its supposed to take... Its been almost a month now since I submitted my documents and I've already e-mailed and phoned them again since then so I hope it changes soon!
Wow, seems like you have been chasing it up for quite a while. I hope they sort it out soon!
Reply 28
Wow, seems like you have been chasing it up for quite a while. I hope they sort it out soon!

I hope so too!! I hope yours doesn't take as long as mine is either!
I received an official email today saying I that I have met the conditions and my offer is now unconditional. It's changed on the portal too. So hopefully yours will change very soon too!
Reply 30
I received an official email today saying I that I have met the conditions and my offer is now unconditional. It's changed on the portal too. So hopefully yours will change very soon too!

Mine finally changed today, plus we got our first semester placements so that's super exciting! Are you happy with your placement?
Yay I'm glad it finally changed for you!

I know, it's so exciting we've got our placements. Yes I am, I didn't really mind where mine were to be honest. My first one is at a child's hospice which is going to be sad but a great experience. What about yours?
Reply 32
Oh that does sound sad, but I think it will be a great learning experience too! My first placement is with the paediatric cardiology unit at UHW. It sounds quite interesting and I'm glad that it's at the same location as our classes.
Yeah definitely! Oh that sounds good. That is very lucky that it is in the same place as our lectures, saves you from commuting too far!

How is your house search going?
Reply 34
It's going okay, I have a list of saved properties that I'm going to look at in person once I arrive in Cardiff. I can't really do much more than that for now!
Have you started looking at places or are you just going to wait until the House Hunting event to look?
Yeah, sounds like you have been quite organised and done all you can for now!
I have had a little look and know the areas I want to stay, but am mainly waiting until the House Hunting event to look at specific houses.
Reply 36
Oh cool, how do the flats/areas seem that you've looked at so far? Which areas have you narrowed it down to?
Have you had a look at the schedules they sent us today? Looks like we'll be busy but all the lectures look really interesting!
I went to the househunting fair and managed to find a house, yay! It's in Cathays, so very close to the main uni and a little walk from Heath Park campus. There were quite a few spare so I am sure you won't have a problem finding one. We went through the university letting agency who were really good and helpful. They had quite a few available properties, so maybe it would be quite useful for you to have a look at them (http://www.cardiffstudentletting.com)? When will you be coming over to the UK?

It's really exciting/nervous gettin our timetables! It does seem like we will be quite busy, so I'm glad it's only two days. But yes all the lecture titles sound very interesting!
Reply 38
Yay, I'm glad you found a house! How many people are you sharing with?

I decided, for various reasons, to live in residence my first year. So I'll be in Liberty House, which is about a 5 minute walk from UHW, so its a great location. Plus I'll have my own room and bathroom. I think in second year I'll try and find a place off campus!

My flight is booked for September 9th! Its kind of early but I have plans to spend a weekend in Ireland and a weekend in London after I arrive, so that will take up some of my time. When are you moving in?

I can't believe we're starting so soon!
Thanks, me too haha. I'm sharing with 7 others, so quite a big house!
Yeah I can understand why. It would have been pretty stressful trying to view and sign for somewhere once you came over to England. That sound like a good idea, and an amazing location!

Wow so you'll be coming over in a weeks time! Are you excited? Hope you have a lovely time in Ireland and London.
I'm moving in on the 20th Sept. Our house is being renovated so was just a building site when we went to view it. I really hope it is finished in time!!

I know, I can't believe how soon we start. It is all starting to feel quite real. I've finished my job so just getting excited for it now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending