The Student Room Group

How to get A-A*s at A-level? Strongest revising techniques?

I seem to lack motivation now and again. My first exam is just under a month away and im worried that i will fail. All my target grades are at A but im struggling with revising so much that everything i revise isn't being remembered. Any tips such as how long i should revise daily/weekly and what revising techniques you use (other than past papers)? Thanks :smile:
Supposing you're at AS? I don't want to jinx myself or anything but saying this- considering I'm still doing A2 and well, my full A levels haven't come out or anything. For AS, I revised 6 hours/4 hours a day during my easter holidays, made reams of notes, then condensed those onto two sides of A4, highlighted them, then when I wasn't doing revision- tested myself on a particular topic. Then I went on get revising, made study cards, then made posters of literal 'links' to jog my memory. About 2 weeks before my exams, I did some past papers but not a lot.
And yeah, relaxing also comes into it as well. Relax, but always have it on the back of your mind.

But that is what works for me, it may be different for other people.
Reply 2
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Supposing you're at AS? I don't want to jinx myself or anything but saying this- considering I'm still doing A2 and well, my full A levels haven't come out or anything. For AS, I revised 6 hours/4 hours a day during my easter holidays, made reams of notes, then condensed those onto two sides of A4, highlighted them, then when I wasn't doing revision- tested myself on a particular topic. Then I went on get revising, made study cards, then made posters of literal 'links' to jog my memory. About 2 weeks before my exams, I did some past papers but not a lot.
And yeah, relaxing also comes into it as well. Relax, but always have it on the back of your mind.

But that is what works for me, it may be different for other people.

Apologies if this seems like a snobbish question, but how did you do in your AS exams? Did you get AAAA? I.e. did that revision technique / that amount of revision actually work?
Original post by jibble
Apologies if this seems like a snobbish question, but how did you do in your AS exams? Did you get AAAA? I.e. did that revision technique / that amount of revision actually work?

Yep, got AAAC. It didn't work for English though, I did all essay subjects- the technique would be different for any science/math subject.

It seems like a lot, but it works for me. I'm not naturally 'bright'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending