The Student Room Group

White girl privilege

Scroll to see replies

I just think there's a girl privilege in general, and this is down to the bull**** of unstoppable Western feminism. Feminism has successfully used the State and the media to coerce us into becoming almost misandric on some levels, while women are granted so many advantages and privileges its ridiculous. Look at how warped the social dynamics are:

When it comes to a lack of confidence, women are told "You'll still be asked out, you're pretty, its cute" whereas men are told "You're ****ed".

When it comes to a date, women are still not socially obliged to pay, men are.

When it comes to being boring, women are told its okay, whereas men are told "You're ****ed".

When it comes to expecting sex as part of a relationship, women are told "You're a liberated and assertive woman", whereas men are told "You're shallow and just want to get into her pants".

When it comes to being raped, women are given a ton of support groups and them merely saying they were raped ruins a guy's reputation, whereas a man is laughed at and told "You can't be raped".

When it comes to the workplace, quotas give women jobs for little merit whereas equally skilled or better men must now work even harder to get a job.

When it comes to having sex with an underage member of the opposite sex, women are given a slap on the wrist whereas only the a man is given lengthy jail time.

When it comes to orgasms, women are encouraged to get there whenever they like whereas a man is considered a failure if he finishes quickly.

When it comes to enjoying masturbation, women are told "Enjoy it, its hot and you're getting to know how your body works!", whereas a man is perceived as a perverted virgin or loser.

When it comes to showing emotion, women are comforted whereas a man is told he's a wimp or coward.

When it comes to sexual harassment, women are taken seriously whereas a man is told "You probably liked it, you weren't harassed!"

When it comes to games, anime and comic books, women are told "Wow, that's interesting; you're a unique individual!", whereas a man is told "Lol, what a creep with no life or hope of getting a girlfriend..."

When it comes to wanting to wait until marriage for sex, women are told "how nice and innocent; the guy should wait", whereas men are told "she should dump you, what are you, some religious nut?"

And there's much more, but that's what I've got. This isn't a rant, I was just making the point that society is turning a nasty way and feminism should be eradicated as soon as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
You are wrong on so many levels. I can't even....

Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
You are wrong on so many levels. I can't even....

Not a surprising response. Anyway, I know its a very long list and I don't expect you to address them all but I'll challenge you to justify why even one of my points are incorrect. Even if you don't have those attitudes, society as a whole does. Prove me wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Abstraction
I just think there's a girl privilege in general, and this is down to the bull**** of unstoppable Western feminism. Feminism has successfully used the State and the media to coerce us into becoming almost misandric on some levels, while women are granted so many advantages and privileges its ridiculous. Look at how warped the social dynamics are:

When it comes to a lack of confidence, women are told "You'll still be asked out, you're pretty, its cute" whereas men are told "You're ****ed".

When it comes to a date, women are still not socially obliged to pay, men are.

When it comes to being boring, women are told its okay, whereas men are told "You're ****ed".

When it comes to expecting sex as part of a relationship, women are told "You're a liberated and assertive woman", whereas men are told "You're shallow and just want to get into her pants".

When it comes to being raped, women are given a ton of support groups and them merely saying they were raped ruins a guy's reputation, whereas a man is laughed at and told "You can't be raped".

When it comes to the workplace, quotas give women jobs for little merit whereas equally skilled or better men must now work even harder to get a job.

When it comes to having sex with an underage member of the opposite sex, women are given a slap on the wrist whereas only the a man is given lengthy jail time.

When it comes to orgasms, women are encouraged to get there whenever they like whereas a man is considered a failure if he finishes quickly.

When it comes to enjoying masturbation, women are told "Enjoy it, its hot and you're getting to know how your body works!", whereas a man is perceived as a perverted virgin or loser.

When it comes to showing emotion, women are comforted whereas a man is told he's a wimp or coward.

When it comes to sexual harassment, women are taken seriously whereas a man is told "You probably liked it, you weren't harassed!"

When it comes to games, anime and comic books, women are told "Wow, that's interesting; you're a unique individual!", whereas a man is told "Lol, what a creep with no life or hope of getting a girlfriend..."

When it comes to wanting to wait until marriage for sex, women are told "how nice and innocent; the guy should wait", whereas men are told "she should dump you, what are you, some religious nut?"

And there's much more, but that's what I've got. This isn't a rant, I was just making the point that society is turning a nasty way and feminism should be eradicated as soon as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yet you're still likely to be earning 20% more than me? Poor you.
Reply 24
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
There's a difference between finding someone attractive and fetishising people of colour.

I personally haven't seen any examples of white women fetishising men if colour (I know it happens though, black men big dicks) but if they did I think that would get called out..

I have no problem with men preferring Asian women as long as they're not wanting them because you expect them to behave in a submissive docile way

I've heard of this before - there was this white guy who said he preferred asian girls because they were more submissive
Original post by Cobbler

*sigh* The typical stupidity and lack of concern for males so characteristic of the feminist. I'm not even going to give a lecture on this, but I'm sure even you can arrive at why that statistic may be true with a few internet searches. There's a lot more to our society than that. What I've just described are real, pervasive social pressures and injustices that the feminist agenda has brought on and continues to intensify.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Certain men who want a "traditional" woman might decide to look in more "traditional" countries, which tend to be countries where women are foreign. They then start stereotyping women who come from those countries as "traditional"

There's this book called "Slavery, Inc" by Lydia Cacho and she talks about how Western men like to travel to countries like Vietnam and Thailand and sleep with trafficked women as they are more docile, less independent - in comparison to contemporary Western women.
Original post by Cobbler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
*sigh* I'm not even going to give a lecture on this, but I'm sure even you can arrive at why that statistic may be true with a few internet searches. There's a lot more to our society than that. What I've just described are real, pervasive social pressures and injustices that the feminist agenda has brought on and continues to intensify.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So they're not just generalisations and exaggerations designed to fit the agenda of anti feminists then?
silly me. :rolleyes:
Reply 29
At the end of the day cash is king, thats the multiracial society we live and we all place a premium on people or groups of people normally women who can from a cultural and economic point of view be seen as more significant this is a result of manifestations in the media and what is be seen as attractive so i dont think its fair to say some people are racist for liking what others may find offensive at times others may find just normal and something we should appreciate in modern world
Reply 30
Original post by yo radical one
Whenever a White women professes a preference for (for example) Black men, this is celebrated as a great thing, a "you go girl" moment, personally I couldn't care less about this, her choice, his choice but if anyone questions this, he is automatically a racist and/or insecure about his small penis.

Reply 31

In japan they're called "herbivores". Now maybe thats because they masturbate to an extreme. But damn it. that's up to them, It's a free country after all.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Profesh

That was incredible

The way some White girls talk, I can't tell if they genuinely prefer them, or if they are deep down disgusted and hateful of them.
I don't really accept this premise at all. Plenty of white women get **** for going for black guys, and plenty of white men don't get treated badly for liking Asian women. It's probably how you put that view across. Whenever I've said I find Asian women attractive, no ones been outraged, a few "Thai bride" jokes and all that, but nothing serious. If someone says they just want an Asian girlfriend, it's a bit suspicious, it's hard to believe they don't find any other women attractive.
Reply 34
Original post by Mankytoes
I don't really accept this premise at all. Plenty of white women get **** for going for black guys, and plenty of white men don't get treated badly for liking Asian women. It's probably how you put that view across. Whenever I've said I find Asian women attractive, no ones been outraged, a few "Thai bride" jokes and all that, but nothing serious. If someone says they just want an Asian girlfriend, it's a bit suspicious, it's hard to believe they don't find any other women attractive.

I'm always suspicious of anyone who never strays from 'a type'.
it means that hair, skin colour, attitude, size of breasts/muscles is more important than the person. That's really not very flattering. I'd rather go out with someone because they like me rather than because I have blonde hair or small hips. Maybe it's just me.
Original post by Cobbler
So they're not just generalisations and exaggerations designed to fit the agenda of anti feminists then?
silly me. :rolleyes:

Generalisations? Yes, but justified ones. Exaggerations? To some extent; of course people will not react in the precise ways I portrayed but the point is when it comes to the behaviours I've highlighted, women generally receive a much more positive reaction than men. I guess your very arrogant and solipsistic nature prevents you from appreciating that, but nevertheless, if you think I'm wrong, then instead of screaming "generalisation!" and using stupid emoticons, explain to me why I'm wrong.
Reply 36
Generalisations? Yes, but justified ones. Exaggerations? To some extent; of course people will not react in the precise ways I portrayed but the point is when it comes to the behaviours I've highlighted, women generally receive a much more positive reaction than men. I guess your very arrogant and solipsistic nature prevents you from appreciating that, but nevertheless, if you think I'm wrong, then instead of screaming "generalisation!" and using stupid emoticons, explain to me why I'm wrong.

I never said that you were inherently wrong, just generalising and exaggerating. You even admit that yourself. Western world boy problems are a bitch, just like 21st century feminist ones.
Do you not see the hypocrisy of calling me arrogant and accusing me of solipsism? Your post putting all the wrongs on malekind down to the advent of feminism, as if it is fact according to abstraction, is the epitome of solipsism.
Let's just agree that everyone has their problems shall we.:smile:
Original post by Cobbler
I'm always suspicious of anyone who never strays from 'a type'.

it means that hair, skin colour, attitude, size of breasts/muscles is more important than the person. That's really not very flattering. I'd rather go out with someone because they like me rather than because I have blonde hair or small hips. Maybe it's just me.

I'd agree, I mean I prefer short girls with big boobs, but it isn't like there aren't countless girls I'm attracted to who don't fit that.

I'm not sure I agree with that though. Pretty much all attraction is based on multiple factors, including physical ones. It doesn't mean that is more important than your personality, but it is important, I mean how many people would consider literally everyone for a relationship?
Reply 38
Original post by Mankytoes
I'd agree, I mean I prefer short girls with big boobs, but it isn't like there aren't countless girls I'm attracted to who don't fit that.

I'm not sure I agree with that though. Pretty much all attraction is based on multiple factors, including physical ones. It doesn't mean that is more important than your personality, but it is important, I mean how many people would consider literally everyone for a relationship?

Of course physical attraction is important. It's what makes the world go around. It's when it is the most important factor and eclipses everything else that I am suspicious. I mean if I like a guy who has brown hair, but discount him because he doesn't fit my ideal of a blond hunk, or if he has a little belly instead of the six pack I usually drool over, or is a nerd when I usually go for the sporty type, doesn't that make me incredibly shallow and ridiculous?
Do I forgo the chance of happiness because he isn't my usual type?
I'll challenge you when I've finished my exams and have the time to write a lengthy response to why every single statement you made is incorrect.

I agree with you to an extent - feminism needs changing. But we do need feminism.

Not a surprising response. Anyway, I know its a very long list and I don't expect you to address them all but I'll challenge you to justify why even one of my points are incorrect. Even if you don't have those attitudes, society as a whole does. Prove me wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending