The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Funding

I'm currently in my second year of Study at Southampton and would like to re-take the year. After completing my degree at Southampton, I would also like to complete a PGCE course at Canterbury Christchurch University. As I would have been studying at Southampton for four years, would I be eligible for funding whilst studying for my PGCE?
Original post by jessicalilly123
I'm currently in my second year of Study at Southampton and would like to re-take the year. After completing my degree at Southampton, I would also like to complete a PGCE course at Canterbury Christchurch University. As I would have been studying at Southampton for four years, would I be eligible for funding whilst studying for my PGCE?

Hi,

I've just spoken with somebody from the Student Finance department.

Yes you would still be eligible for funding if you chose to study a PGCE.

Good luck!
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Thank you very much for your help!
Reply 3
Original post by jessicalilly123

All PGCE courses AFAIK are entitled to funding from Student finance, regardless of whether or not you had previously been funded for four years - this is to accommodate people who may have repeated/had a year abroad etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending