The Student Room Group

Has Avril Lavigne crossed the line?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I was really expecting something outrageous throughout the whole video and couldn't even be bothered to finish watching it.

What line did she cross?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
She's always been ****. Low-quality uninteresting Pop posing as low quality "punk rawwwk". Her and Kroeger are a perfect match.

Well isn't somebody a little hyped up on the latest defensive hipster drug?? Chill ur moobs
Reply 42
...Was there a song in there somewhere??

I'm more offended by her inability to mime strumming even remotely the right part of that poor guitar than anything.

Sorry to sound like a dick, also, but I've always kinda hated her for miseducating a generation about what punk and alt rock consist of. Always been style over substance, and can't sing live.

That said, I'm surprised there's been any controversy about the video, since it doesn't really seem to encompass cultural appropriation save for a few butchered Japanese words...

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Apart from it being a terrible song with non existent lyrics and combined with her new look a seemingly desperate plea for attention I don't see anything wrong with it.

Srsly with the half shaved heads now, stahp...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Клейтон
Well isn't somebody a little hyped up on the latest defensive hipster drug?? Chill ur moobs

I'm not bitter. I have to give them credit for understanding that there will always be millions of people that want to listen to unsophisticated songs with cheesey lyrics and lots of power chords. Easy $$$$.

Doesn't take a hipster to see how boring nickelback and avril levigne are.
I'm not bitter. I have to give them credit for understanding that there will always be millions of people that want to listen to unsophisticated songs with cheesey lyrics and lots of power chords. Easy $$$$.

Doesn't take a hipster to see how boring nickelback and avril levigne are.

Never said you were bitter. But if your one of them ppl who think they're as self-righteous as the music they listen to we have nothing to discuss.
PS. Who's 'levigne'?
Original post by Клейтон
Never said you were bitter. But if your one of them ppl who think they're as self-righteous as the music they listen to we have nothing to discuss.

You can listen to whatever you want, I won't look down on you because of it. But if someone tells me that Nickelback is their favourite band I'll always be clueless as to why. Not that I know anyone not from the internet who likes nickelback.
I just don't understand how it's racist..
Reply 49
If anything, she's crossed the line by losing the bad girl rock star image that I like about her. What happened?
She's crossed a line into god awful music.

Racist? Hardly. The world is going mad if that's all that constitutes racism anymore.
she is who?
Reply 52
She'll always be "sk8er boi" to me :daydreaming:
Holy ****! It's amazing just how little I care! I didn't even click the link!

That should be everyone's reaction to this thread and to any celeb "controversy". :smile:
Original post by manchesterunited15

You're scared of seeing words, aren't you?
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
Gwen Stefani did the whole harajuku thing and no-one batted an eyelid. I think it's catchy if you're into that kind of music, and maybe a bit mocking of the whole kawaii culture but racist? Nah.

Gwen Stefani is not an unlikeable bitch though.
She's always been ****. Low-quality uninteresting Pop posing as low quality "punk rawwwk". Her and Kroeger are a perfect match.

She's finally found her place out of the bubbling under chart.
Original post by Aivicore
...Was there a song in there somewhere??

I'm more offended by her inability to mime strumming even remotely the right part of that poor guitar than anything.

Sorry to sound like a dick, also, but I've always kinda hated her for miseducating a generation about what punk and alt rock consist of. Always been style over substance, and can't sing live.

That said, I'm surprised there's been any controversy about the video, since it doesn't really seem to encompass cultural appropriation save for a few butchered Japanese words...

Spoiler

She actually had like three other guitarists on tour so hers has definitely been excessive, aka not connected to the speakers.
You can listen to whatever you want, I won't look down on you because of it. But if someone tells me that Nickelback is their favourite band I'll always be clueless as to why. Not that I know anyone not from the internet who likes nickelback.

They do have massive sales so I'm sure there are.
Original post by Клейтон
Holy **** wat hater-base did you get that pile of steaming **** from???

The hate sites tend to feature only her horrible quotes about every other person on Earth.

Quick Reply

Latest