The Student Room Group

cant revise cant sleep

i stayed up last night until 6.00 doing nothing all nite as ive heard its the worst time to revise. i got up today at 3.30 (lazy i know) and now the days just gonna fly by so ive no time to revise
also ive got into this sleeping habit and cant get out of it. i know its easy to think just get up early one morning and u'll be tired by night but i still stay up until 4.00 cant help it. how am i going to get back into the right sleeping pattern ready for college? :confused:
Reply 1
Exercise and a lot of it during the day. And then a nice bath before sleeping.
Reply 2
Exercise and a lot of it during the day. And then a nice bath before sleeping.

cheers -neva actually thought of that :cool:
Reply 3
Maybe you could go in a whole loop and go to bed later and later until later becomes earlier? Like go to bed 2 hours earlier every night, if you've got 7 days and you're going to sleep at 4 now, you'd be going to sleep at 8:00pm if you did that! You could do some revision because the house would be quiet and make sure you eat properly so you don't feel totally washed out. :biggrin: :eek:
Reply 4
horrorboy
i stayed up last night until 6.00 doing nothing all nite as ive heard its the worst time to revise. i got up today at 3.30 (lazy i know) and now the days just gonna fly by so ive no time to revise
also ive got into this sleeping habit and cant get out of it. i know its easy to think just get up early one morning and u'll be tired by night but i still stay up until 4.00 cant help it. how am i going to get back into the right sleeping pattern ready for college? :confused:

try to use things that make u carm and you can got to sleep like: Romatheropy bath, music or what ever makes u fall a sleep or the old trick counting sheeps 1sheep 2 sheep ....... :rolleyes:
Reply 5
pingo
try to use things that make u carm and you can got to sleep like: Romatheropy bath, music or what ever makes u fall a sleep or the old trick counting sheeps 1sheep 2 sheep ....... :rolleyes:

aromatherapy?

by the way, if you want to get to sleep, do some exercise and make your you're not too hot (open a window or something).
Reply 6
I know someone who goes to see his mates a lot in another town; they basically stay upto all hours watching DVD's and drinking ect.

Anyway, the way he gets out of it, is to stay up as long as possible... like for you, if you wake up at 3:30pm, stay awake until the next day (about 9pm) then go to sleep. That's how he gets his sleeping pattern back.

As for revising, just timetable yourself; nothing strict to start with, just plan to do an hour for 1 subject spread over an entire day. Then gradually increase it to what you can manage.

And as 2276 says, if you do a lot of exercise during the day, you're more likely to sleep through the night.

Anyway, good look with the revising, and I hope you get your sleeping pattern sorted :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending