The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Living off campus in first year

Hi, I will be starting at Kent in September and will be doing Environmental studies. I was wondering if any first year students were considering living off campus; I am entitled to a maintenance loan of £3,610, but the starting price of accommodation in halls is the Park wood houses which are £3,996 a year, I really cant afford this. I had a look on rightmove and there are some nice properties close by to the university which are a lot cheaper. If any one is in the same position it would be great to hear from you, we could think about getting a group of us together to look round some potential houses.
Original post by rachaellevisjohn
Hi, I will be starting at Kent in September and will be doing Environmental studies. I was wondering if any first year students were considering living off campus; I am entitled to a maintenance loan of £3,610, but the starting price of accommodation in halls is the Park wood houses which are £3,996 a year, I really cant afford this. I had a look on rightmove and there are some nice properties close by to the university which are a lot cheaper. If any one is in the same position it would be great to hear from you, we could think about getting a group of us together to look round some potential houses.

Hi Rachaellevisjohn

Just thought you might find these websites helpful when looking for rooms/housemates in Kent:

http://www.homestampkent.co.uk/Accommodation
You can choose location, price range and number of rooms and it will tell you if there's a room going in a house.

To look for housemates, easyroommate, spare room and others that come up on Google might be helpful.

Good luck!

Kayleigh
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by rachaellevisjohn

Hey, when are you planning to start looking around?
Hey, I have arranged some house viewings for next Monday; I'm going travelling from June onwards so I'm hoping to get things sorted before then. Are you also thinking about living off campus? Rachael
Original post by University of Kent
Hi Rachaellevisjohn

Just thought you might find these websites helpful when looking for rooms/housemates in Kent:

http://www.homestampkent.co.uk/Accommodation
You can choose location, price range and number of rooms and it will tell you if there's a room going in a house.

To look for housemates, easyroommate, spare room and others that come up on Google might be helpful.

Good luck!

Kayleigh
Hi Kayleigh, thanks for the post, I've just had a quick look at the website and its really useful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending