The Student Room Group

How many £'s do you pay monthly on your car insurance ?

Scroll to see replies

Car: 1.4 Seat Ibiza
NCB: 3
Price: £40 Fully Comp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Car. Peugeot 307 2L D-Turbo HDI
Insurance: Provisional Insurance £183 monthly
NCB: 0

Live in a really bad postcode its like the highest before you'd get referred striaght away + I have a poor credit history due to blooming student housing disagreement a couple of years ago ><
Original post by xx-Samantha-xx
Car. Peugeot 307 2L D-Turbo HDI
Insurance: Provisional Insurance £183 monthly

Live in a really bad postcode its like the highest before you'd get referred striaght away + I have a poor credit history due to blooming student housing disagreement a couple of years ago ><

Credit history doesn't affect how much you are quoted for car insurance at all.
Original post by live_a_life
Credit history doesn't affect how much you are quoted for car insurance at all.

Really? I was reading something on moneysupermarket the other month and apparently it does...oh well would still be high based on postcode (damn manchester postcodes lol) anyway so not much different between getting a little car or a bigger/nicer one. Thanks for the info though :smile:
Original post by xx-Samantha-xx
Really? I was reading something on moneysupermarket the other month and apparently it does...oh well would still be high based on postcode (damn manchester postcodes lol) anyway so not much different between getting a little car or a bigger/nicer one. Thanks for the info though :smile:

Oh, perhaps it affects the interest you have to pay if you decide to pay for it monthly. But I'm almost certain that it has no effect on your actual premium (i.e. the price you'd pay if you paid it in one go instead of opting to pay monthly). Because why would they care about your credit rating if they're getting all of the money in one go?

Yeah, I'm fortunate with my Oxfordshire postcode :wink:
Car: Fiesta 1.2
NCB: big fat zerooo
Price: £28
Original post by live_a_life
Oh, perhaps it affects the interest you have to pay if you decide to pay for it monthly. But I'm almost certain that it has no effect on your actual premium (i.e. the price you'd pay if you paid it in one go instead of opting to pay monthly). Because why would they care about your credit rating if they're getting all of the money in one go?

Yeah, I'm fortunate with my Oxfordshire postcode :wink:

Yeah i think it was something like that....though i could only afford to pay monthly with buying the car outright in the same month...the car itself was more than i get paid in a month haha but luckily i'd save enough before hand so that i still have some money to get to work haha!!

And LUCKY!!! lol
1.2 Clio Extreme
1 year ncb
Around £78 a month I think with Blackbox

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
22, 23 when my new insurance starts.
Corsa 1.2 le
Will have 1 year NCD
1st year £525/yr with black box
2nd year £433/yr or £38.88/pm without black box (best quote yet!)
Reply 29
Car: 1.4 Chevrolet Aveo LT
Insurance: £188 per month

I live in a D rated area and I have no box on my policy so I suppose it's fairly priced for my first insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeceitfulDove
Car: Fiesta 1.2
NCB: big fat zerooo
Price: £28

Are you a first driver? That is very cheap, whats the company?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hashim3444
Are you a first driver? That is very cheap, whats the company?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I am 23, had my licence 5 years now but have been off the road since 18 because of a big crash that knocked my insurance up to 4k. I waited 5 years for the crash to come off my record for it to drop.

I am with Endsleigh.
Car: VW Polo 1.4
NCB: 0 Years
Insurance: £166 per month. (with blackbox)
Car: 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa
Insurance: £117 per month (black box)
Car: 1.6 Peugeot 308 diesel
Insurance: £62 a month

Double what I was going to be paying on a Corsa thanks to being a bigger diesel...I save the difference (and more) on fuel alone for the same reason though.
Car: 1.2 Corsa
Cost: £105

First year is gonna be ridiculous regardless so it'll do
I wouldnt pay monthly on car insurance. It works out more expensive.
Car: 1.4 Peugeot 206
£96 per month

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
in my area for a new driver 1st dtiver insurance is like £8000
Original post by Emma:-)
I wouldnt pay monthly on car insurance. It works out more expensive.

Sadly a salary is usually paid monthly, so paying for everything annually isn't that easy, especially when tax and mot often come round at about the same time of year.

Paying monthly costs me about £100, spread over across the year's payments. That's very low impact on me, but £600-700 in one go is a big hit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending