The Student Room Group

IQ Bloomsbury Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hello there! I have the same concerns so I decided to ask you a few things..
I have booked a room on the ground floor facing the courtyard (as I had no other options) and I am just wondering whether this is a good choice regarding soundproofing and security issues mainly.. Thank you!
Reply 21
Original post by LKZaz
Hello there! I have the same concerns so I decided to ask you a few things..
I have booked a room on the ground floor facing the courtyard (as I had no other options) and I am just wondering whether this is a good choice regarding soundproofing and security issues mainly.. Thank you!

Since you are facing the courtyard I don't think noise will be an issue. About security, the windows open just a tiny bit. Nobody can fit their head so don't worry about someone getting in your room from the window lol. Also, there are plenty of cameras everywhere in the building.
Reply 22
Original post by aeniel
Since you are facing the courtyard I don't think noise will be an issue. About security, the windows open just a tiny bit. Nobody can fit their head so don't worry about someone getting in your room from the window lol. Also, there are plenty of cameras everywhere in the building.

Thank you very much for the reassuring response! I am a prospective postgraduate at UCL, this September will be my 1st time in London and since I have never lived at a residence hall before, I have all kinds of concerns as you can imagine. . However,until now I haven't read any really bad reviews about this residence, compared to others at least and the location is perfect. So I hope that no major issues will come up..Meanwhile, how is the room ventilated since the window opens just a little bit?
Reply 23
Original post by LKZaz
Thank you very much for the reassuring response! I am a prospective postgraduate at UCL, this September will be my 1st time in London and since I have never lived at a residence hall before, I have all kinds of concerns as you can imagine. . However,until now I haven't read any really bad reviews about this residence, compared to others at least and the location is perfect. So I hope that no major issues will come up..Meanwhile, how is the room ventilated since the window opens just a little bit?

I attached a pic of my window, you can see how much it can open. (max) I have two of these so it is enough to ventilate the room. Some rooms have a different type of window though. You can see it from the link, you will probably have one of these: http://www.iq-student-accommodation.com/student-accommodation/london/iq-bloomsbury/studio-flat---platinum-plus---bloomsbury

But the gap will be similar I suppose. There are also ventilation fans and a cooker hood you can use while cooking to get rid of the smell.

Reply 24
Original post by aeniel
I attached a pic of my window, you can see how much it can open. (max) I have two of these so it is enough to ventilate the room. Some rooms have a different type of window though. You can see it from the link, you will probably have one of these: http://www.iq-student-accommodation.com/student-accommodation/london/iq-bloomsbury/studio-flat---platinum-plus---bloomsbury

But the gap will be similar I suppose. There are also ventilation fans and a cooker hood you can use while cooking to get rid of the smell.

Thank you so much for the response and the pictures! ! They were really helpful! !
Reply 25
Original post by LKZaz
Thank you so much for the response and the pictures! ! They were really helpful! !

No problem! I am sure you'll have a great time in London.
Reply 26
Original post by aeniel
No problem! I am sure you'll have a great time in London.

Thanks,I hope so! If I may ask, at which school do you study in UCL as a postgrad?
Reply 27
Original post by LKZaz
Thanks,I hope so! If I may ask, at which school do you study in UCL as a postgrad?

I'm doing an MSc in Computer Science.
Reply 28
Original post by aeniel
I'm doing an MSc in Computer Science.

Nice! ! I will attend an LLM in Law. Good luck with your studies and thanks for everything ! !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending