The Student Room Group

Nutrition degree?

Hi! This year I've been studying an Access course in science (for mature students that don't have the relevant a-levels). I applied for Dietetics, as that's what I wanted to do, but the only offer I have is for quite high grades that I probably won't achieve. However, I have been offered Nutrition as an alternative for several places. While the degrees are similar, I don't know too much about the prospects of the qualification itself.

I would like to know from anyone who has or is studying for a Nutrition degree, how useful they have found it, and if they think it is worth having it?
Reply 1
I have a friend doing a dietetics and she says that a nutrition degree is basically the easy version. If you complete a dietetics degree then you'll be able to work with the public alongside physicians to improve their health. Nutrition is a lot more broad - you'll be studying the human body and how nutrition influences it but you won't be qualified to give clinical advice.

Some of the modules in my Biochemistry course cross over with Nutrition and it's the easiest module I've done so far at uni (my exam is on Tuesday and I have only just started revision, it's that easy)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending