The Student Room Group

How do I stop my lip bleeding?

Hi, I was shaving half an hour ago and I cut my lip as I'm not very good at shaving (no one ever explained it to me). It's been bleeding for half an hour and I don't know how to stop it.

I''ve put pressure on the cut for 5 mins and that's done nothing. Washing it with water has just resulted in covering the walls with blood.

Help :frown: last day of college today and I want to see my friends, but I can't go in if my lip's bleeding!
Do you suffer from Haemophilia?

(and I use an electric razor, never cut myself (it's damn near impossible to!))
Reply 2
Original post by XMaramena
Do you suffer from Haemophilia?

(and I use an electric razor, never cut myself (it's damn near impossible to!))

I don't know what that is but no I don't.

Why does an electric razor not cut you as much btw?
Also I don't think it could have really been avoided, as I would have put the razor on my lip either way :/
Original post by Treeroy
I don't know what that is but no I don't.

Why does an electric razor not cut you as much btw?
Also I don't think it could have really been avoided, as I would have put the razor on my lip either way :/

With an electric razor, the blades never touch your skin.

Those visible metal bits don't move - there are spinning blades underneath them, so the hairs push through the holes and grilles and are shaved, but your skin is smooth so it always says on the outside - even on rounded bits like the jawbone and edge of your chin.

They're quite pricey (probably looking between £60-90 for a good one, but well worth the price IMO. I've had mine for 4 years, and I've only had to charge it 20 odd times and never cut myself once.
Reply 4
Original post by XMaramena
With an electric razor, the blades never touch your skin

Huh, that seems like a good investment.

Anyway - I went to the doctors this morning and the woman gave me some stuff to keep on it, and it does its job in holding the blood in. The only problem is, it's now been 7 hours and my lip is still bleeding. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest