The Student Room Group

Optometry Students 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolerthanbeans
Brilliant! I hope my post was useful, and if you ever have any questions about the application process or gap years or Optometry in general feel free to message me! :smile:

Good luck with the next year and I hope everything works in your favour!

Thankyou! But wouldnt i have less chance to get in if i resit my exams?
Original post by KristaKara
I got into Manchester too! But haven't had an email from the uni! When do we find out about accommodation?

I got into Manchester as well!! I think the uni should email us our accommodation offers in the next few days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rkhan34
Thankyou! But wouldnt i have less chance to get in if i resit my exams?

Only at Manchester to my knowledge. I called up some Optom unis last year asking if they took resit applicants and out of the ones I called, Manchester were the only ones that said they don't accept resitters. So as long as you don't apply to Manchester I think you're good :wink:

You may wanna call the unis up and double check though.
Hey guys I wanna apply for optometry this year (just finished year 12) but im worried because I got CCCD today at AS. Does anyone know what I could do?

I've got some work experience at Boots Opticians, pharmacy, playgroup and voluntary work at Oxfam, helping year 7s out in science lessons and dissection club etc if that might help :tongue: Hope these are relevant:/

I'm thinking of resisting 3 of my units..Does anyone know any past experiences etc? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=KristaKara;58427727]I got into Manchester too! But haven't had an email from the uni! When do we find out about accommodation?

Yay so I am not the only one. Apparently it's up to a week after results
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ellieroberts123
I got into Manchester!!!!! Yay!!

Yay well done!! Me too!
Original post by ellawyss
Yay well done!! Me too!

Yay!!! Will be fab seeing you! See you next month!
Original post by Daisy452
I got in as well , did you get an email from manchester uni itself?

Aw yay!! No I haven't have you?
Original post by rkhan34
I got ACD... no chance to get into optom anymore.. :frown:

Can I ask what grades you got for AS?
Hi guys,

For anyone still in clearing we have lowered the entry tariff of our optometry course to BBB. This is the best Optometry course in the UK ranked number one in all subject ranking tables (Sunday Times, Complete University Guide) and 100% graduate level employment within 6 months.(DLHE 2015)

Our clearing number is 0121 204 4444 if any of you are interested.

Josh
Reply 1110
Anyone going Hertfordshire for Optom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1111
why does it seem like more people going to Manchester rather than Aston?
Got accepted into Manchester with AAB! So happy, but I heard the course is very maths-orientated, I really suck at maths, didn't pick it up at AS/A level and didn't do well at GCSE, I really enjoy biology and chemistry though, I'm just worried I'm gonna be left behind everyone due to my maths skills, any advice?
Original post by justfly
Got accepted into Manchester with AAB! So happy, but I heard the course is very maths-orientated, I really suck at maths, didn't pick it up at AS/A level and didn't do well at GCSE, I really enjoy biology and chemistry though, I'm just worried I'm gonna be left behind everyone due to my maths skills, any advice?

Hi there,

If you're really worried about the course at Manchester, have you thought about applying to us? We are accepting optometry students at BBB currently and have the best optometry course in the UK. 100% of our graduates also found graduate level employment within 6 months of finishing our MOptom course last year.

If you visit our course page you can find description of every module on there. The majority of our modules focus mainly on biology and chemistry related aspects of optometry.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Original post by rkhan34
I got ACD... no chance to get into optom anymore.. :frown:

Hey apply to Plymouth via clearing they are very lenient!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1115
@ Aston University
a friend of mine got straight to second year as a qualified do you still do this?
see you there!x
Original post by yaknow 66
Hey apply to Plymouth via clearing they are very lenient!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did. They said the D is low for optometry.
Original post by justfly

In Cardiff university we all studied a module called research and Study Skills and maths skills so that everyone is on the same level. Same with biology. So far the maths that we had isn't so hard.
Original post by AquaBubblez
In Cardiff university we all studied a module called research and Study Skills and maths skills so that everyone is on the same level. Same with biology. So far the maths that we had isn't so hard.

do you know about Manchester by any chance? I'm really scared, I'm even tempted to go through clearing to apply to a less maths uni like Bradford

Quick Reply

Latest