The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Argh I've been lost without TSR! Michael accidentally changed my password so I've been watching you all (creepy huh?) without being able to talk to you (hence a bit of a posting binge today)

I was so nervous on results day and couldn't work out why as I don't know anyone doing A levels this year (as I'm now old (well nearly 22) and not even a student anymore as I graduated over a year ago) then I remembered you guys!

Hurrah to everyone who got in and ah to everyone who didn't. Saying that though, I don't know anyone who went to their insurance reluctantly at first and didn't end up absolutely loving it. Uni is a great experience for most people regardless of where you go

Good to be back

Jo x
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 81
Just got a phonecall from college and they've had my remarked paper back and it's gone up by 21 marks :biggrin: Byebye AAB hello AAA :biggrin:
Blimey Squirls, that's amazing!

Look at our tickers, it's gone under a month now. Oh my god!
Reply 83
I know, it's so exciting! :biggrin:
Reply 84
squirly
Just got a phonecall from college and they've had my remarked paper back and it's gone up by 21 marks :biggrin: Byebye AAB hello AAA :biggrin:

Wow Squirly well done!! I got TWO English papers remarked and they stayed EXACTLY the same.. they didn't budge one single mark.

I think I'd have preferred them to have gone down :mad:
Reply 85
God how annoying. I'd convinced myself I'd never be able to gain 8 marks just by having it remarked so I was aiming for it to go up by 1 mark just so I could get my remark money back :biggrin:
Reply 86
^ You only get your remark money back if the change in points actually changes you're overall grade.
Reply 87
Really :eek: oh well, I get it back now anyway :biggrin:
squirly

oooo well done!!!! I'm really happy for you I know how much of a perfectionist you are! :p: Now when people ask what you got at A level you can go, 'As..' :biggrin: :biggrin:

EDIT: Jeeezzzzus 21 marks! :eek: It makes you wonder if any of the papers have actually been marked properly! Wonder how many people have missed out on a uni place by say 10 marks and not bothered to get it re-marked because they thought there was no hope... stupid examiners!
Reply 89
It's scary isn't it - my grade on that paper went from an E to a B!
Reply 90
ohhh Squirly thats great news, it's so terrible that that can happen though! I knew there must be something wrong when you said you missed your A grade because I knew with the marks you already had you probably only needed to get a B or C to get an A overall and I couldn't imagine that you would have got any lower than that. Just shows how crap the examination system really is! Congrats again xx
Reply 91
Well done Squirly that's wikid!

How on earth do they mark it 21 marks off to start with??? That's crazy!
Reply 92
I don't know! But Zoe I needed a D overall to get an A - that's why I was so gutted. I'd never got less than a B in the practice papers in lessons. VERY happy now :biggrin:
Reply 93
ahhh my friend just texted me to say we're on our college's website holding our examination results! :eek:
Reply 94
lemonllama
Well done Squirly that's wikid!

How on earth do they mark it 21 marks off to start with??? That's crazy!

It might have been that a whole question was accidently missed by the examiner or a sheet of you're answer or something. You could have had a clerical check (which costs less, not that it matters now you got you're money back) which basically just checks that everything has been added up right and nothing has been missed out.

I know way too much about remarks.
Reply 95
I'm not convinced because all four of the psychology remarks for the same paper came back a lot hight at my college. Something fishy's up. I reckon the examiner just had PMS.
I'm not convinced because all four of the psychology remarks for the same paper came back a lot hight at my college. Something fishy's up. I reckon the examiner just had PMS.

Or that they didn't read your script for more than 15 seconds. Which wouldn't surprise me. Exam boards...grrr.
Reply 97
My last sociology paper was the one that caught me out - i usually get very strong A's in each unit and somehow I managed 75/120 (C) - now I'm not saying that's bad guys, just that it's unusual for me!

I've sent it back for a remark because I need to gain 14 UMS marks to get an A. This has given me a *tiny* bit of hope! But i think in reality it won't budge :frown:... and I was SURE I wrote a really good answer!! :frown:

Phil Xx
Reply 98
Yay for you squirly! That's a bit shocking; I'm inherently distrustful of exams and marking generally, and a D to an A is a pretty big lapse in concentration for them isn't it :redface: You deserved it, yay and well done ^_^ *applause*
I got one of my papers remarked last year and it went down!
xx
phae
Reply 99
Hey Phil, yeah i can sympathise, my sociology exam was a b****! honestly i revised everything except what came up. i still managed an A overall but there was a nagging bit at the back of my head that thought no you messed that up! but yeah im doing it at sussex too so hopefully the days of those awful exam papers are over *fingers crossed*

Latest

Trending

Trending