The Student Room Group

How to get my boyfriend to cut his hair?

I am 1000000X more attracted to my boyfriend when his hair (on his head) is freshly shaved... no matter how many times i tell him short hair suits him better he doesn't listen. How do i get him to cut his hair :frown: when we met he had short hair, he looks messy and unkept when he grows it out.

No suggestive replies please you know full well what hair i mean.

Scroll to see replies

What you do is you don't control the way he looks and if he likes his hair longer he has every right, cos y'know it being his own hair on his own head, to have it that way.

You can mention you prefer it shorter, no issue with that, but if he decides it likes it longer its his call. If it's a deal breaker then....guess that's it.
If hair was meant to be short then why does it keep on growing :colonhash:

Let it grow wild and free :coma:
I have a friend who basically uses suggestion/reverse psychology to get her boyfriend to get his hair cut. Instead of telling him he suits it shorter or that he should get it cut, she starts saying stuff like "aww it must be really annoying to have your fringe in your eyes constantly" and "you must get sweaty and hot with hair that length". She says it always works! :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Say 'please'?

^Not joking if you straight up ask him to cut his hair it might work. Unless he himself strongly believes he looks better with long hair.
If you're boring, just deny him sex.
If you're more adventurous..... then cut it in his sleep.

Yeah.... don't give a **** what he says, have attitude.

You don't. It's his hair.
cut it in his sleep
Reply 8
Original post by joey11223
What you do is you don't control the way he looks and if he likes his hair longer he has every right, cos y'know it being his own hair on his own head, to have it that way.

You can mention you prefer it shorter, no issue with that, but if he decides it likes it longer its his call. If it's a deal breaker then....guess that's it.

It is a deal breaker it looks terrible sigh.

Original post by ScottishShortiex
I have a friend who basically uses suggestion/reverse psychology to get her boyfriend to get his hair cut. Instead of telling him he suits it shorter or that he should get it cut, she starts saying stuff like "aww it must be really annoying to have your fringe in your eyes constantly" and "you must get sweaty and hot with hair that length". She says it always works! :rolleyes:

I've tried that he's extremely stubborn

Original post by RayApparently
Say 'please'?

^Not joking if you straight up ask him to cut his hair it might work. Unless he himself strongly believes he looks better with long hair.

I have, he strongly believes he looks better with long hair. It may be worth mentioning he has afro hair that doesn't grow properly into an afro so it looks really messy.
At the end of the day, you can't force him. But I totally understand how you feel - I have a friend who's boyfriend's hair drives me insane, and it annoys her too (although she doesn't outright say it).

Sorry, I honestly don't know what to do. Could his mum maybe tell him?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
If hair was meant to be short then why does it keep on growing :colonhash:

Let it grow wild and free :coma:

PREACH SISTER!

*runs fingers through luscious locks*

...freshly conditioned, of course. :cool:
Reply 11
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
At the end of the day, you can't force him. But I totally understand how you feel - I have a friend who's boyfriend's hair drives me insane, and it annoys her too (although she doesn't outright say it).

Sorry, I honestly don't know what to do. Could his mum maybe tell him?

I feel like saying cut your hair or we can't be together. His mum says the same he still doesn't listen :frown:
PREACH SISTER!

*runs fingers through luscious locks*

...freshly conditioned, of course. :cool:

:sexface: Hello :sexface:
You can't force him to do it. I'm sure if he told you to dye your hair a certain colour, you most likely wouldn't do it or would maybe be a bit hurt or offended.

I personally prefer my bf without his beard but I know for a fact he wouldn't ever shave it off but at the end of the day, that's fine because its his face and I love him regardless of how he looks. Besides, I would cut or dye my hair if he asked me to either but its my own choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Yasmin25
You can't force him to do it. I'm sure if he told you to dye your hair a certain colour, you most likely wouldn't do it or would maybe be a bit hurt or offended.

I personally prefer my bf without his beard but I know for a fact he wouldn't ever shave it off but at the end of the day, that's fine because its his face and I love him regardless of how he looks. Besides, I would cut or dye my hair if he asked me to either but its my own choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He told me he didn't like my ombre hairstyle so i changed it, it's only fair
:sexface: Hello :sexface:

Soz babez I'm already taken. I was asked to have my hair shorter, thought meh I'll give it a go as I hadn't changed hair length in ages (still long by OP's standards), I do it, she says I cut too much off and to make it longer! They don't know what's good until it's gone, that was years ago though, tis fine now. :cool:
Original post by Crystalz
I feel like saying cut your hair or we can't be together.(

Do it. Your relationship ends, he has a crazy story for his mates, you find someone with a buzz cut, everybody wins.
Soz babez I'm already taken. I was asked to have my hair shorter, thought meh I'll give it a go as I hadn't changed hair length in ages (still long by OP's standards), I do it, she says I cut too much off and to make it longer! They don't know what's good until it's gone, that was years ago though, tis fine now. :cool:

The cruel sting of rejection.

S'all good...I'm taken too...honestly.
The cruel sting of rejection.

I don't even know what that feels like, but commiserations none the less.
I don't even know what that feels like, but commiserations none the less.

:unimpressed: You will pay for the indignities I have suffered today.

Quick Reply

Latest