The Student Room Group

Industrial Placement Job Advice

Hi,

So I recently applied for a technical support role, and I may potentially get the job.

The problem is, although I am on a computing degree, I am bit nervous about the whole technical support.

I am a good programming and I love building systems. Just not sure if the role is for me.

Pay for this role is good by the way. And it is about 40 minutes travelling
Original post by po10tial
Hi,

So I recently applied for a technical support role, and I may potentially get the job.

The problem is, although I am on a computing degree, I am bit nervous about the whole technical support.

I am a good programming and I love building systems. Just not sure if the role is for me.

Pay for this role is good by the way. And it is about 40 minutes travelling

They will teach you and train you, Do not worry.
Reply 2
Original post by wartortle
They will teach you and train you, Do not worry.

Yeah true. But I have to speak to loads of workers everyday.

Does that get annoying?
Original post by po10tial
Yeah true. But I have to speak to loads of workers everyday.

Does that get annoying?

Most people will be happy to help, just butter them up, give them compliments , act interested in what they have to say.

Obviously there will be some people who just hate the world, and will probably ignore you, but just avoid those people.
Reply 4
Original post by wartortle
Most people will be happy to help, just butter them up, give them compliments , act interested in what they have to say.

Obviously there will be some people who just hate the world, and will probably ignore you, but just avoid those people.

No, as in like I have to provide advice and support via phone and email. Sure it will boost my confidence but I am skeptical and in fear as I have never worked in a office yet alone a supermarket. I have never had a proper job
Reply 5
Also, what are some advantages of doing the placement over not doing one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending