The Student Room Group

What is the strangest thing that has happened during an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Wilde Child

Me personally, nothing very exciting, but once someone tried to copy me!!!!!!!!!! He was sat at the desk next to me an kept peering over and eventually an invigilator whispered something in his ear then he never looked up again :s :P
Original post by Qaiys
Me personally, nothing very exciting, but once someone tried to copy me!!!!!!!!!! He was sat at the desk next to me an kept peering over and eventually an invigilator whispered something in his ear then he never looked up again :s :P

I had this happen to me too! The invigilators didn't notice but I noticed this girl keep looking at my paper and then afterwards one of my friends said she'd noticed it as well so we had to tell the exams officer who then had to speak to the girl and report it :O I felt pretty bad about it though…

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty much only gets as interesting as the invigilator misreading the time or forgetting to give us formula booklets :unimpressed:
Reply 4
Original post by Lauren___e
I had this happen to me too! The invigilators didn't notice but I noticed this girl keep looking at my paper and then afterwards one of my friends said she'd noticed it as well so we had to tell the exams officer who then had to speak to the girl and report it :O I felt pretty bad about it though…

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah after the exam my friend who was sat behind said it was really obvious :P Thankfully I didn't have to tell anyone, they noticed it :P an yeahh I'd feel bad but I guess it's just not fair to cheat at the end of the day :P Do you know what came of it?
Original post by Wilde Child

In our A level D1 maths exam this year 10 taking the exam (biggest maths genius) just brought his textbook in and put it on his desk without realising...and the invigilators didn't noticed and he finished and walked out with his text book and only the students saw (he didn't use his book to be fair but was still funny).
In my Maths D1 exam Tuesday a girl felt dizzy and she had to be moved into the corridor where she threw up and then fainted. You could hear her coughing and choking, it was horrible. I know she couldn't help it, but it was pretty annoying for people doing the exam too.

Apart from that, an invigilator tripped up whilst walking up and down the gym during my GCSE Biology Unit 3 exam.
So nothing out of the ordinary.
I got a question wrong.
Original post by Qaiys
Yeah after the exam my friend who was sat behind said it was really obvious :P Thankfully I didn't have to tell anyone, they noticed it :P an yeahh I'd feel bad but I guess it's just not fair to cheat at the end of the day :P Do you know what came of it?

I think that the teachers spoke to her about it but I don't know what happened after that. She definitely retook the exam but I don't know if that's because her exam didn't count or if it's because she failed. It was the only exam we were taking that season (November of year 9) so its not like it would affect any other exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I think that the teachers spoke to her about it but I don't know what happened after that. She definitely retook the exam but I don't know if that's because her exam didn't count or if it's because she failed. It was the only exam we were taking that season (November of year 9) so its not like it would affect any other exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh okay :P
Lights went out in the exam hall ... It happened twice

So much hail on top of the cheap roof of the sorts hall .. You could talk to the guy next to you normally without someone noticing...

Someone being moved out of the exams hall after making a big scene ... Because they were ill (supposedly ?? Idek tbh )And 5 months pregnant or summit

That's probably it
A lion got into the exam hall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you sound like a terrible person.
Original post by ruthlessv
you sound like a terrible person.

I can't tell if you're serious or not? I didn't want to tell the exams officer but my friend was going to tell her anyway and dragged me along so I told her what I saw too. In all honesty though, I really didn't do anything wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone started busting out into tears during my F322 paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The fire alarm went off in my S1 exam so we all had to go outside and stand there in silence for about fifteen minutes and then come back in and do the rest of the exam. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
This didnt happen at my school but an invigilator told a student to get up because or suspected malpractice then the student slapped the invigilator due to his massive ego and his exam got cancelled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Both our invigilators fell asleep for our whole 2 hour English Lit exam and snored really loudly. It was so offputting. Suffice to say they woke up to an empty exam hall with pen moustaches and everyone who took the exam had to retake it.
Reply 18
We had an exam in the main hall of our school, which has a big stage at the front with steps to about hip height leading up to it. There were no clocks at the front of the room so two clocks were put on music stands and the music stands were set on the frontmost bit of the stage. Predictably, the balancing act fell apart 40 minutes into the exam and one clock fell off the music stand & down the stairs, hitting them all. Very loudly.

Next exam we had in there, they put a clock on a chair instead. Didn’t fall off but the angle had it facing the ceiling more than us :rolleyes:
Original post by knope
We had an exam in the main hall of our school, which has a big stage at the front with steps to about hip height leading up to it. There were no clocks at the front of the room so two clocks were put on music stands and the music stands were set on the frontmost bit of the stage. Predictably, the balancing act fell apart 40 minutes into the exam and one clock fell off the music stand & down the stairs, hitting them all. Very loudly.

Next exam we had in there, they put a clock on a chair instead. Didn’t fall off but the angle had it facing the ceiling more than us :rolleyes:

Do you go to Higham lane?

Quick Reply

Latest