Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2014/15) watch

General chat thread for the upcoming year 12s.

Make sure to give a warm welcome to our year 11 thread king and queen, thechemistress and Vionar!

Introduce Yourself

Edminzodo

Hey, fellow TSRians! I’m Edminzodo, and if you’re wondering, my name comes from a time when I decided I wanted to be a French ninja . . . I was about six, okay?! Anyway, this year I’m taking Critical Thinking, Economics, English Literature (Pre-U), History and Japanese. I got 7 A*s, 2 As and a B – curse you, Drama – in my GCSEs. I support Chelsea FC and love football, as well as The Sims 3, and I also write a lot. I like rap, especially political and gaming rap by Dan Bull, YouTube and eating food. Mmm . . . Food. And I procrastinate far too much.

BBeyond

Hey everyone I'm Ben and I love football, playing video games, going to parties and having fun! I also watch a lot of TV series, such as Breaking Bad, House of Cards and 24! I got 7A*s 3As and a B at GCSE, and am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics for AS level. As the thread creator, if you have any suggestions for stuff we can do here, feel free to PM me!

Hope to see a lot of new people around .

jshep000

Hey all I'm Jack, I picked Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Economics for my AS levels. I like playing/watching football, I'm the king of banter. I like to joke around a lot, I may get on your nerves at some point (a lot.) I'm 1/4 Welsh so that's cool. I support Liverpool FC. I love watching TV series, especially ones such as Arrow, Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Breaking Bad etc. I enjoy playing xbox with my friends. I also watch a lot of films.

SamUKG97

Nice to meet you! I'm Sam. I love making and listening to music, and love playing basketball! I also enjoy learning stuff that will benefit me in someway as cheesy as it sounds :P Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm nervous in that I don't want to be disappointed in myself with my grades.

LamantChenille

My name's Jenny! I love music and reading; I play the saxophone and piano and sing as well. I work part time in a bookshop which is really good fun! I also love languages; I'm taking French for A-Level but I learn Danish out of school and I am thinking of starting Japanese as well at some point! If there's anything in particular you want to know just ask!

PrincetonGal818

Hi! I'm PrincetonGal818. I am taking Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and Maths next year. I would love to talk to people in the same position as me and try and ace my AS. I hope to go to Kings' to study for my MBBS
    Thanks!
    -Deets

z1ggystardust

My main interests are basically music (evident from my username) and good books/poetry.
    Therefore I try to fill as much of my time (that I'm not spending trawling the internet - which has increased even more since joining TSR) playing guitar and bass, increasing my vinyl collection, reading/writing and going to gigs/stalking band members.
    That's pretty much it I think . . .
    Oh and by stalking band members, I only mean trying to catch them outside venues/meeting them at in-stores/chance meetings in bookshops - not waiting outside their houses or anything (I'm not that weird)

James2810

I'll be studying Use of Maths, ICT and Business Studies as well as retaking GCSE English Language and potentially doing work experience.

Charlblackburn

Hey I'm charlotte and I'm going into year 12 and I read from the year 12 thread that we had to personal message you.
    I am going to be studying Chemistry, Psychology and Government and Politics all at A-Level. I am going to be following the AQA specification for Chemistry and Psychology and the Edexcel spec for Government and Politics.
    I am so scared about starting A-Levels but also very excited!!

strawberrysnow

Hi I'm a 16 year old Year 12 student! I got 9A*'s and 1A (currently being remarked as it's 1 mark off an A*) for my GCSEs and I'm going to study Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Biology and Chemistry for A-Levels. I love music - I play the piano and cello, both of which I've achieved (ABRSM) grade 8 distinctions two years ago and I'm planning to take my piano diploma by the Spring term of year 12. I love performing music and I've played in venues such as the Sheldonian Theatre, the Hollywell Music Room and the Royal Albert Hall. Nice to meet you!

Angelo12231

Hello there! I got 3A*s, 8As and 1 B in my GCSEs . . . I’m fairly disappointed. I’m hoping to study Medicine in the very near future!

Trystalos

Hello. So my first things first, I'm a massive maths nerd having achieved A* in GCSE Maths in Year 8. Since then I have completed the A-Level Maths and my other GCSEs. I received an A* in the A-Level Maths last week along with 9 A*s and an A grade for my GCSEs.
    For my A-Levels, I am taking all 18 maths modules so that I can complete 3 Maths A-Levels, Chemistry, Physics, Biology (or maybe Computing).

Sarah Bethany

Well, I took three science, maths and further maths at A level, and might also be doing some French on he side, with a view to studying a science at university. I have high expectations of myself and will be disappointed with myself if i don't meet them. I spend most of my spare time playing flute, piano, viola, guitar and ukulele - I like music! I also go to church every Sunday and try to spend some time reading the Bible and praying every day.

danconway

Hey, I'm Dan. I'm going into the Lower Sixth (obviously)! I'm a keen thespian and love acting - however I also love science. My favourite subject is Chemistry - definitely going to go for the Olympiads and the C3L6 and stuff! I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Drama and Theatre Studies, and AS Maths over the next two years! I plan on studying Medicine (at Cambridge? Aim high ) and hopefully having a long and prosperous career as a doctor (maybe getting into surgery - fancy plumbing, eh?)! Also, just to note - I love Muse and they are the best band in the world. Ah. Oops, maybe that was unnecessary. Oh well.

Blood

Hello noobs!
    I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology and I wish to go into Medicine in the very short future. I have absolutely no extracurricular activities worth mentioning.
    I'm available for chats on anything academic and TV series. If you want to discuss anything at all then drop me a message!

Gingerbread101

Hi I'm Astrud, and for AS I'm studying English language, English Literature, History and Maths
    I find humanities really interesting and want to study law at university, then become a solicitor. I love reading and drawing, and spending far too much time on the internet .
    See you around!

timbolaa

I'm Timbolaa, I'm a 16 year old female that lives in London. I am taking English Lit, Gov and Politics, Spanish and Psychology. I love playing football, reading books, anime and meeting new people. I am also a grade 3 on the trumpet (what a great grade eh) My biggest goal in life is to be fluent in at least 5/6 languages.

yellowcopter

Hi my name is yellowcopter. I'm a huge K-Pop and J-Pop fan, but I also like indie and rock music. I love to watch anime during my spare time. In the future I want to become a programmer, hence why I'm doing Computing. Some films I like are Perks of Being a Wallflower, (500) Days of Summer, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Scott Pilgrim, Death Note and almost every Studio Ghibli film ever made. I'm very friendly so feel free to talk to me whenever and for whatever reason.

toonervoustotalk

Hi all. I am currently retaking Year 12 due to bad grades. I want to do something science related and something I would enjoy.

Subjects

Maths

Arithmeticae
    Asciant
    Magnesium
    BBeyond
    thechemistress
    lyricalvibe
    charlottejyp
    Jalal Uddin
    jshep000
    Narcotica
    Dinaa
    AnonMike
    Matalyst
    Nothematic
    Gingerbread101
    Blood
    danconway
    AlphaNick
    toonervoustotalk
    Sarah Bethany
    underestimate
    Trystalos
    WinterApproaches
    Decerto
    PrincetonGal818
    Millie-3
    strawberrysnow
    Angelo12231
    yellowcopter
    Aph

Biology

Jalal Uddin
    thechemistress
    lyricalvibe
    charlottejyp
    Jalal Uddin
    Narcotica
    Dinaa
    Blood
    danconway
    toonervoustotalk
    Sarah Bethany
    underestimate
    Trystalos
    Decerto
    SamUKG97
    PrincetonGal818
    Millie-3
    strawberrysnow
    Angelo12231
    yellowcopter

Chemistry

Arithmeticae
    Asciant
    Magnesium
    thechemistress
    lyricalvibe
    charlottejyp
    Jalal Uddin
    jshep000
    Narcotica
    Dinaa
    AnonMike
    Matalyst
    Blood
    danconway
    AlphaNick
    toonervoustotalk
    Sarah Bethany
    underestimate
    Trystalos
    Decerto
    Charlblackburn
    PrincetonGal818
    Millie-3
    strawberrysnow
    Angelo12231

Physics

Arithmeticae
    Asciant
    BBeyond
    thechemistress
    itsRochana
    lyricalvibe
    jshep000
    Narcotica
    AnonMike
    Matalyst
    Nothematic
    danconway
    AlphaNick
    toonervoustotalk
    Sarah Bethany
    Trystalos
    Decerto
    Aph

Economics

Magnesium
    BBeyond
    jshep000
    Edminzodo
    WinterApproaches
    missfats
    strawberrysnow

English Language and Literature

English Literature

timbolaa
    itsRochana
    Gingerbread101
    Edminzodo
    missfats
    underestimate
    z1ggystardust
    LamantChenille
    yellowcopter

English Language

itsRochana
    Gingerbread101

Further Maths

Arithmeticae
    Asciant
    BBeyond
    Magnesium
    thechemistress
    AnonMike
    Nothematic
    Blood
    AlphaNick
    Sarah Bethany
    Trystalos
    WinterApproaches
    Millie-3
    strawberrysnow
    Aph

Additional Further Maths

Trystalos

Statistics

History

Magnesium
    itsRochana
    Gingerbread101
    Edminzodo
    missfats
    WinterApproaches
    z1ggystardust
    SamUKG97
    yellowcopter

Ancient History

Geography

charlottejyp
    Jalal Uddin
    LamantChenille
    Aph

Spanish

timbolaa
    Matalyst

French

LamantChenille

German

Japanese

Edminzodo

Mandarin

AlphaNick

Latin

z1ggystardust

Psychology

timbola
    Dinaa
    missfats
    PrincetonGal818
    Charlblackburn
    Angelo12231
    SamUKG97
    Millie-3

Photography

Danish

LamantChenille

Music

LamantChenille

Geology

Business Studies

James2810

Government and Politics

timbolaa
    z1ggystardust
    Charlblackburn

Politics

Philosophy

lyricalvibe
    yellowcopter

Computing

SamUKG97
    yellowcopter

IT

Nothematic
    James2810

EPQ

Angelo12231
    Edminzodo
    BBeyond

Sociology

Dance

Drama and Theatre Studies

danconway

Use of Maths

James2810

Product Design

Media

Fine Art

Religious Studies

Music Technology

Creative writing

z1ggystardust

Applied Science

Philosophy and Ethics

LamantChenille

Critical Thinking

Magnesium
    Edminzodo
    BBeyond

For now if people could PM Edminzodo with a little paragraph about yourself, saying what subjects you're doing and something cool about you etc. it would be great!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, dat op

urgh you changed it how could you

ReputationRep:
    Ugh 3rd.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Sup

ReputationRep:
    Heyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On first page check me

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, how's it going?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    IN *****ES :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Post 10!

Damn I was ninjad at post 10 :'(

gotta say it's an honor to be on first page of this legendary thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    gotta say it's an honor to be on first page of this legendary thread
    I do agree,

"One small step for GCSE students,
    One giant leap for GCSE student-kind"

<-----------Borderline 1st/2nd Page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    <-----------Borderline 1st/2nd Page
    Nah mate. Still another couple of posts to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    5 (or 4 counting this one) to be precise

(Original post by thechemistress)
    very few left might sell spots on the first page

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Omg I can't believe I am on the first page, it's like I've just won an Oscar

ReputationRep:
    Last post on first page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzie2)
    Omg I can't believe I am on the first page, it's like I've just won an Oscar
    Have you not stolen one of them?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.