The Student Room Group

Sell me your intended career!!

Please don't criticise me for asking this, I just wanted my horizons broadened on the possible career options out there as I think it would be a great help:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Accounting, financial adviser or investment.
Designing/creating/improving sources of renewable energy in an attempt to make sure we don't destroy the planet too badly for the future generations
Degree in Geochemistry then hopefully a PhD in Volcanology xD
Doctor, power money chicks cars and power.
Original post by SterlingYen
Doctor, power money chicks cars and power.

Or... Doctor, no time, no power, no chicks and too much money :dontknow:
Two ways!

I want to be a...
Toxicologist!! Or pharamacologist or psycholinguist!! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pharmacists. I wanted to be a drug dealer ever since I can remember.

On a serious note, I enjoy learning about drugs and chemicals, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, medicinal chemistry, and human biology, the physical pharmacy (Maths behind solutions, semi-solids etc) is pretty interesting too once you grasp the concepts. Got a bit of patient contact so you're always meeting people, got an element of teaching. Predictable hours so you can have a life outside of work, potential to be self employed and introduce a business/entrepreneurial aspect. Various career opportunities open to you, hospital, industry, community.
Original post by TSA

On a serious note, I enjoy learning about drugs and chemicals, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, medicinal chemistry, and human biology, the physical pharmacy (Maths behind solutions, semi-solids etc) is pretty interesting too once you grasp the concepts. Got a bit of patient contact so you're always meeting people, got an element of teaching. Predictable hours so you can have a life outside of work, potential to be self employed and introduce a business/entrepreneurial aspect. Various career opportunities open to you, hospital, industry, community.

Ooh, that sounds really interesting :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Start and finish a Computer Science degree and join the Royal Air Force. Unless I get an offer from a big company such as Microsoft or something, I'll join them, but that's very unlikely.
Game developer, GIVE AWAY FREE DLC TO YOUR FRIENDS, + nothing's better than abuse from fanboys.
Reply 10
I want to do a degree in politics and then work in broadcast journalism preferably radio or tv
I'll be doing a degree in biological sciences and history and hope to be a research scientist/wildlife conservationist/teacher :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Investment Banking S+T - Because risk = reward.

Get to ball in another division, play with the major leagues.

JK, Refuse collecter because yolo.
Not completely sure, but definitely something Maths-related. A lot of people want me to become a teacher, but mehh... doesn't appeal to me all that much. Other than teaching, I don't really know what I might do in the future. I've considered all sorts: architecture, statistician, actuary etc, but nothing appeals to me :frown: :dontknow:
Reply 14
Theoretical Nuclear Physics.
DJ. Great music, relatively good money for the hours, and parties all the time! :biggrin:
binman
Original post by karmacrunch
Or... Doctor, no time, no power, no chicks and too much money :dontknow:
Two ways!

I want to be a...
Toxicologist!! Or pharamacologist or psycholinguist!! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree too much money is a problem

although you have to let it become a problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp-_vu28UqU&index=122&list=PLvmz6quZXnfWPDqDDpyODkIRDaDlZZLbB&shuffle=234
Original post by TSA

yeah buddy!

us pharmacists :cool:

I like the fact we get to hand out lollipops to the kids too.
Reply 19
Original post by Shadowninja107
Please don't criticise me for asking this, I just wanted my horizons broadened on the possible career options out there as I think it would be a great help:smile:

I'd like to give some advice due to my (slightly) more advanced years :tongue: If you want to find careers that are good for you, then spend a bit of time not even thinking about jobs - think about what you enjoy instead. Do you like working with people? Do you like solving problems, working with numbers, thinking about the environment etc.? You'll always be better (and go further) in the job that you care about, rather than the job that you do for money. After a while thinking like this you'll start to notice jobs and careers that match your values, rather than trying to hammer your personality into a job that you only like a small part of. I've done that once, and it's never pretty.

Personally I drifted after my first degree eventually working in the ambulance service, then in risk management in NHS Trusts. It was only after a soul searching session that I realised I loved problem solving around money and missed doing advanced mathematics, so I started a PT degree in Maths and Statistics.

Once I graduate (again) I will be applying for graduate admission student actuary programmes, targeting general insurance and aviation insurance. I've done their CT1 Financial mathematics certificate and I found it so awesome that I don't want to have to wait to do the next exams!

I suppose you need to find something that you can't wait to get out of bed for. What I want to do will bore some people to tears, but I can't stop thinking about it, regardless of the money or hours. I hope you can find the thing that you love as well! :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending