The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
wow, ok. looks like im going to be living in narnia for the next 3 years. i didnt get the chance to go and visit for myself so its all going to be a bit of a suprise...

anyway, i was gonna ask: has anyone else received the tuition and accommodation fee payment forms yet? apparently we're meant to send them back by sept 22nd and since the post office seems to think my address is a black hole most of the time i figured id check with you kind people.
Reply 61
here is the photo.

my pal john is on the left, im in the middle with my little scarf, and jamie is on the right.

... man, i ****ing love Lampeter.
Reply 62
beephee
wow, ok. looks like im going to be living in narnia for the next 3 years. i didnt get the chance to go and visit for myself so its all going to be a bit of a suprise...

anyway, i was gonna ask: has anyone else received the tuition and accommodation fee payment forms yet? apparently we're meant to send them back by sept 22nd and since the post office seems to think my address is a black hole most of the time i figured id check with you kind people.

I really didn't know about that at-all. Damn...oh well.
Reply 63
ok, nope i didnt get those through yet either. can anyone tell me if there will be anywhere i can store my bike. im bringin with me (hopefully) my push bike and at the moment im just hoping there will be somewhere to chain it. i cant wait to come up now, lets all just arrive early and see if we can persuade them to let us in???
Reply 64
Hello people!

My name is Thomas and I'm also starting at Lampeter this this year. I'm quite excited. I'll be doing media production. Arriving around mid day on the 29th hopefully. Bit of a long drive from Nottingham though!

Where in Notts are you from Finlay?
Reply 65
Josiejo31
ok, nope i didnt get those through yet either. can anyone tell me if there will be anywhere i can store my bike. im bringin with me (hopefully) my push bike and at the moment im just hoping there will be somewhere to chain it. i cant wait to come up now, lets all just arrive early and see if we can persuade them to let us in???

I was thinking of bringing my bike up too. I did see a few bikes around the campus on the open day I went to. I think I saw places to chain bikes to, but most of them were just left lying around. I doubt there's much crime in a lovely place like Lampeter.
Reply 66
Hello...yeah, the crime rate in Lampeter is quite low (I'm sure someone said on the open day thing that it was around the lowest in the country).
Reply 67
thats alright, ill bring my bike up then.
Reply 68
Just called the Uni briefly to ask about all the finance forms that are supposed to be returned to the Uni by 22nd Sept. He said that they're being sent out this week.

I love phoning them, they're always friendly and helpful.
Reply 69
That's quite a relief, I had a feeling the forms had ended up lost.
Reply 70
Yeah. I've moved house recently and was worrying they'd sent them to my old address.

He said some might be sent out as early as this afternoon. If anyone hasn't received theirs by next monday, then give them a call.
Reply 71
I have a quick question for anyone currently at Lampeter. Do all the student accommodation rooms have a socket to plug in a landline? If so, how does that work with telephone bills or line rental?
Reply 72
Josiejo31
i cant wait to come up now, lets all just arrive early and see if we can persuade them to let us in???

Haha, I'll happily join you on your mission! I'm terrible at waiting. I think I'd sooner camp in the hills next to the uni than wait around here for another two weeks. :smile:
Reply 73
Haha go for it, I had an urge to go camping the other day (simply because something in my house smelled of tent, no idea what it was though).

I can't go yet actually...I'm woefully unprepared.
Reply 74
Don't get me wrong, I'm also not prepared. I'm just eager to get going. All the waiting puts me on edge!
Reply 75
Explosions

He said some might be sent out as early as this afternoon. If anyone hasn't received theirs by next monday, then give them a call.

great, thanks. i'll stop fretting. camping sounds great, but it would have to be some sort of tardis tent to fit all my crap in it.
Reply 76
beephee
would have to be some sort of tardis tent to fit all my crap in it.

Yeah. Maybe a marquee would be best. With a stage, and our favourite bands playing....and a bar......and a bouncy castle would be nice, that only adults are allowed on (it was a sad day when I realised I wasn't allowed on bouncy castles anymore)................

Or maybe I should learn to be patient.

Grr
Reply 77
no no, lets not wait, im so bored of waiting. i truly belive we should move in now. Is anyone any gd at cooking on those wierd little gas stoves though? i think id burn everything and prob set the 'tardis' tent on fire!!!
Reply 78
My cooking is a product of the more progressive cookery schools in European cuisine...namely it works by mixing a variation of often opposite ingredients together and seeing what ensuing combination could taste like.

Well, that, or cereal.
Reply 79
lol, ok then that rules you out!! any one else?

Latest

Trending

Trending