The Student Room Group

A level options help I'm stuck..

I don't know what to pick obviously with gcse results coming I'm probably an ok learner at best and don't have much natural ability like a photographic memory I have to work hard just to get minimum targets. I picked for a level at first maths, physics, law and psychology however after re considering I Am awful at science and I I got a B last year with tonnes of revision and I hopefully will again this year but again I did tonnes of revision and I don't enjoy it. Maths I will do because I like it but I don't like law after hearing about it on the induction days e had at our school for six form so I don't know what to pick I only have maths and psychology and possibly ict in my head but I don't have two facilitating subjects that unis want because I'm not good at the sciences and I don't like it. I am just stuck on what to pick
Reply 1
I am 16 and am in the same position. I have chosen Economics, Business, Geography and Maths. I think Economics is a good one to consider even though I haven't started A Levels yet because my brother who is 18 did Economics and is now going to study it at University. It's also considered a good A Level to have when applying to Uni.
Reply 2
Original post by amy_1
I am 16 and am in the same position. I have chosen Economics, Business, Geography and Maths. I think Economics is a good one to consider even though I haven't started A Levels yet because my brother who is 18 did Economics and is now going to study it at University. It's also considered a good A Level to have when applying to Uni.

I would but school dosent offer it
What subjects did you take at GCSEs? Have you thought about English A-levels?

Also, just because you got a B, doesn't mean you will fail at your A-levels. A-levels will be hard work, no matter what GCSE grade you get in that subject. If you like the subject pick it, otherwise if you don't and you hate it - it was be almost impossible to revise when it comes to the exams.

I have learnt from this at A2, where exams are vital... I wish I kept History over Philosophy because I felt like it was an impossible task to revise something you literally hate so much. And when you find a subject your hardest subject and you hate it, it becomes even more harder which is just 100% awful.

So choose with caution if I were you.

Quick Reply

Latest