The Student Room Group

Communication issues

Hello guys and girls,

I quite like this guy. Most of the time we get on great. Then there are times when things get heated and to me it's for trivial reasons. We were suppose to go out to dinner and he cancelled. I was okay with it, prior to this cancellation I noticed he was rarely initiating conversations

On Wednesday he said good morning followed by a few emojis and I said morning back, he responded with 'Ok' which I've noticed he does when he expects more from me.

If the tables were turned I would sense something was up and question it, however the conversation ended there. So fast forward to yesterday, I waited to see if he would make contact. He didn't, so I said hi and we had a little chat.

Today I didn't feel like talking to anyone via my phone and he asks what's up with me? Did I do something? I told him I had a lot of my plate (which I do). He's asking why I didn't say anything before and why I've been distant. 1. The day I wanted to talk (Wednesday) he ended the convo 2. Yesterday I was fine 3. Hello I've been starting the conversations, if anyone should feel a certain way it should be me.

I'm the one that makes contact recently! If he can sense I'm not okay why doesn't he just ask me? I know he cares but sometimes I feel like he makes it into something it's not. Then I'm left feeling bad like I've done something wrong. It's a reacurring thing and the funny thing I was wondering why he was being distance and let that thought to over my head.

I needed to vent, I don't really need advice just someone to listen and give input if you can.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not sure if I'll be much help, but this makes me think of a similar situation with me and a female friend (who I used to like but we're just friends now). She lives a long way from me but we'd been talking all the time via text/whatsapp (at least 2 hours a day) for a while. Anyway, at one point she completely stopped replying to all my messages and when she did reply she gave very short answers and didn't seem talkative at all (this continued for a few days) so I asked her if she was alright and said that she didn't seem quite her usual self, but she replied to say that she'd been busy (although I honestly doubt she'd been so busy that she couldn't even reply to a text message, especially since she seemed to be on whatsapp almost constantly).

Anyway, a few days ago I was at a uni open day that I knew she was going to, so I called her and said that if she was about and wanted to meet up she should text me. Towards the end of the day, she called me and said that she was leaving, and I didn't have time to say hello to her or anything. I texted her afterwards to ask what she though of the uni and she didn't reply. She was at another open day yesterday (as was I) and I texted her to ask her if she was about and wanted to meet up, and she's ignored that as well. Sorry to hijack your thread, but if anyone has any advice as to what I should do that would be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending