The Student Room Group

Two dads meet their newborn son

Scroll to see replies

So will yours. But I already pointed that out.

P.S - LOL :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 161
I think there are a lot of people in the world that would be grateful to have a parent(s) that loves them and will do everything for them.

And all this talk about whats natural and not, have any of you not heard about those gay male swans who take an egg from a female and raise the child together? And also the fact that until recently, dying from labour wasn't too uncommon, so the child wouldn't have their biological mother anyway. The baby won't remember whether it was being breast fed but a woman or if he was being cradled by the dads anyway. As long as the fathers love them the child will live a life better than a huge portion of the world who have no parents, or are abused, or have parents who cant support them and give them any food. Why do people have to become so picky on parents that seem a lot better than others
I don't like this at all. There are psychological issues at play here. A baby is programmed to be with it's mother when it's young. Who will breastfeed it too?
Original post by Exon
The problem is not that you believe but that you expect others to do so as well.

No, we don't expect others to believe aswell; they just need to understand where we're coming from, and not call it ignorant
Original post by james1211
I don't like this at all. There are psychological issues at play here. A baby is programmed to be with it's mother when it's young. Who will breastfeed it too?

What psychological issues are those, then?
How is it disturbing?

I think they'll be good parents because they are serious about the child. They shouldn't be denied the right to children becaues of the opinion that it's "abnormal". The main priority is the well-being of the child.
Original post by derma2019
There is a reason why two men can not naturally conceive and two women cannot naturally conceive. simples.

Sometimes a man and a woman can't naturally conceive. What's your point?
Original post by Xcalibur
What, are you arguing that men can conceive with other men?

Nope. That you should prove that someone up there did indeed "design" it to be that way or was it just a process in which no deity had any involvement, as is logical.
Original post by Ragnaroklepourfe
gross and disgusting I hope the social workers take the kid away from them...

On what grounds would they be removing the child, exactly?
Original post by Freudian Slip
However, the child is, almost always, (depending on the circumstances of their birth), placed onto the bare chest of their mother. This skin-to-skin contact or so-called 'Kangaroo Care' has moved forwards in popularity in recent times, there's any number of articles related to its benefits online.

Define 'normal couple'? :lolwut:

Normal as in not homosexual...what's not to understand?
Original post by SarcasticMel
Normal as in not homosexual...what's not to understand?

Arguably, there is no such thing as a 'normal couple', even amongst heterosexual people.
Horrible and disgusting, makes me feel physically sick.
It's difficult to remember we live in 2014 when some people can still hold such pathetic and outdated views, we're all human beings, we're all equal, we all deserve the same rights. Shut the **** up and respect others for what they are.
Why.. Why are they naked?
Original post by Lontttt530
I am all for gay rights, but this will effect the kids mental state when he/she older

Stop spouting nonsense. What evidence have you got that the child will grow up with an affected mental state. The only thing that can possibly affect the child, is critical and judgemental views from the likes of you of the two important people he/she will come to love as he/she matures.

People used the same argument for single parenthood back in the 60s when divorce was made easier to access, but well loved children from single parent families do not grow up any worse than from two hetro parents and society has not collapsed as a result.
Guys, can we please have less of the harmful generalisations that don't add to debate. And if someone insults you, please report it, don't respond.
Original post by WitnessMO
Stop spouting nonsense. What evidence have you got that the child will grow up with an affected mental state. The only thing that can possibly affect the child, is critical and judgemental views from the likes of you of the two important people he/she will come to love as he/she matures.

People used the same argument for single parenthood back in the 60s when divorce was made easier to access, but well loved children from single parent families do not grow up any worse than from two hetro parents and society has not collapsed as a result.

Go get a education, yes single parers kids especially boys underachieve and more likely to go jail than kids from married parents. you ignorant fool what planet are you on? We spend millions picking up the pieces of dysfunctional kids from single parents families.
Not all posts surely?

I guess that's the idea of a discussion/debate - there's always another point to consider or another topic/piece of evidence etc.
Original post by Lontttt530
Go get a education, yes single parers kids especially boys underachieve and more likely to go jail than kids from married parents. you ignorant fool what planet are you on? We spend millions picking up the pieces of dysfunctional kids from single parents families.

lol, as if dysfunctional kids can't come from nuclear families. Even if children from single family household are more likely to be underachievers or end up in jail, this rarely has nothing to do with the fact that they are one parent less but other factors such as poverty, the area they live in (i.e. council housing) and bad schools and role modelling. Single parent families are more likely to be under the poverty line and this can be impact on education and make crime more likely. But I doubt a middle-class single parent family raising her/his child in the same environment as a wealthier middle-class nuclear family does any worse job.
Original post by Sanctimonious
Its a natural right, like the right to life. Taking a child from its biological mother is disgusting. Doing the same to animals like dogs is equally disgusting.

The very fact you or anyone want to deny a child or baby animal the love of its true biological mother is disgusting.

Shall I mention this ridiculous notion to my adoptive parents

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending