The Student Room Group

What career do you intend to go into and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophie !
Hehe, no I love geography it's great. :smile: Nice plan!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, its weird at the beginning of the year i had no idea what i wanted to do, and i was sad cause i thought after i finish uni, i won't be involved in geography any more but then i thought, i could just make a career out of it, why not?
I was thinking of teaching and i picked the right a levels and did work experience but then i thought, i don't think i could take all the annoying kids haha
Original post by Petrue
I'm not quite as 'mathsy' as I'd like to be, but maths is certainly something I enjoy and seem to do fairly well at. Anything statistical really, e.g. economics, business and certain parts of chemistry.. all really dull subjects :smile: How about you?

I also really like certain parts of chemistry. I enjoy business too. My favourite subjects are French and Spanish though; I've always seemed to be enthusiastic about languages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tgwktm
thanks, its weird at the beginning of the year i had no idea what i wanted to do, and i was sad cause i thought after i finish uni, i won't be involved in geography any more but then i thought, i could just make a career out of it, why not?
I was thinking of teaching and i picked the right a levels and did work experience but then i thought, i don't think i could take all the annoying kids haha

Haha, another teaching option without annoying children is teaching A-Level. They take their studies much more seriously because they genuinely want to learn, since they have chosen the subjects they want to do. However, your plan sounded great. Higher level teaching is just another option. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It might all change hehe! You've got to keep an open mind really, but be determined at the same time… Are you planning to go down the science route then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely. I want to stay in healthcare regardless, be it as a practising scientist or in research. My degree gears me towards working in hospital laboratories where I would be assisting in the clinical diagnoses of patients and this is where I want to be at this moment in time.
Original post by Petrue
Can I ask which industries and companies you invested in? Because a return rate that high seems almost impossible. If it is true, then you're some kind of trading god. Most mutual funds are applauded when they have a 40%+ return rate ANNUALLY so forgive my cynicism with regards to your ridiculous return rate. I too dabble in the stock market (through fantasy stock markets like yourself), but my return rate has only been a moderate 65+% over the past three months.

The 4 main companies i invested in were;
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Barclay's Bank
- General Electric
- Yuhe International (Penny Stock)

YUII i purchased around 100k worth of stocks at a penny each and it just rocketed to 5p per stock.

RBS had some bad publicity and their stocks fell by around 40% in which i invested every penny i had in them. (Virtual money) The same goes for Barclay's.

General Electric, RBS, Barclay's and YUII had 1 thing in common. They fluctuated drastically every now and then making and increasing the amount i was making.

I have screenshots of every trade before and after when i done this for proof.
Original post by SanjayGill
The 4 main companies i invested in were;
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Barclay's Bank
- General Electric
- Yuhe International (Penny Stock)

YUII i purchased around 100k worth of stocks at a penny each and it just rocketed to 5p per stock.

RBS had some bad publicity and their stocks fell by around 40% in which i invested every penny i had in them. (Virtual money) The same goes for Barclay's.

General Electric, RBS, Barclay's and YUII had 1 thing in common. They fluctuated drastically every now and then making and increasing the amount i was making.

I have screenshots of every trade before and after when i done this for proof.

All of this within one month? I can understand the high return rates from penny stock trading but forgive me for thinking that turning 100k into 8 billion is outright impossible. General Electric has only fluctuated between 22-28p this year and the other stocks have only really fluctuated by around ~60% for Barclays and ~33% for RBS.. so even pumping all you money in wouldn't generate a return rate in excess of 80,000%. But if you have proof, then I'd love to see it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Petrue
All of this within one month? I can understand the high return rates from penny stock trading but forgive me for thinking that turning 100k into 8 billion is outright impossible. General Electric has only fluctuated between 22-28p this year and the other stocks have only really fluctuated by around ~60% for Barclays and ~33% for RBS.. so even pumping all you money in wouldn't generate a return rate in excess of 80,000%. But if you have proof, then I'd love to see it.

How do you upload pictures?
Haha, another teaching option without annoying children is teaching A-Level. They take their studies much more seriously because they genuinely want to learn, since they have chosen the subjects they want to do. However, your plan sounded great. Higher level teaching is just another option. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but i don't think teaching is for me really, i'll stick to my other plan
Original post by tgwktm
yeah but i don't think teaching is for me really, i'll stick to my other plan

Yes. It would be better to stick to your other plan in my opinion too. Teaching is only for some people. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bump! :tongue:

Personally, my future is so unclear! I don't know what my dream job would be. Also, all of my ideas are so different to one another - it's not as if they are all from the same category (for example, if someone wanted to be either a GP, nurse or chemist), so this means that I don't know what subjects I want to study.

I'd like to know what careers you would like to go into and why. Maybe your reasoning would help me decide my possible pathway.

Social Work. Experience both personal and through work experience and my job and I want to help people who have been in similar situations to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophieleannexo
Social Work. Experience both personal and through work experience and my job and I want to help people who have been in similar situations to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Have you always wanted to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally, my future is so unclear! I don't know what my dream job would be. Also, all of my ideas are so different to one another - it's not as if they are all from the same category (for example, if someone wanted to be either a GP, nurse or chemist), so this means that I don't know what subjects I want to study.

I'd like to know what careers you would like to go into and why. Maybe your reasoning would help me decide my possible pathway.

Be a professor, lol. Something in Physics.
Nice! Have you always wanted to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. Not always. Have known that I've always wanted to help people though.
At GCSE I'm doing 2 languages at the moment and triple science. I hope to carry at least one science and at least one language onto A-Level. :smile: I think Maths A-Level is required for a lot of science-related careers, so I might do maths too. I don't hate maths, but I find it fairly difficult sometimes. For my 4th A-Level, I'm not sure whether I'd rather do another language, another science or a different subject, such as geography…

Posted from TSR Mobile
that sounds a good plan you have a clear choice of subjects that will give u a large amount of options
Original post by Kirstyy56
that sounds a good plan you have a clear choice of subjects that will give u a large amount of options

I don't know whether to do French or Spanish at A-Level. Any ideas?
Original post by sophieleannexo
Nope. Not always. Have known that I've always wanted to help people though.

It would be nice having that kind of job because every day you would go home feeling like you've helped someone. :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2735006 Would someone mind checking this thread out because I'd like to get some advice, thanks! :smile:
It would be nice having that kind of job because every day you would go home feeling like you've helped someone. :smile:

Definitely!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending