The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Theo news is probably the most positive thing coming out at the moment..

Really hope he is ready to start against city, althogh I would prefer if he waited longer, if it means less of a risk of another injury..

His fitness and ability to perform at his old level, is crucial to our season.. he was missed badly last year.

in walcott - welbeck - sanchez, we have the first dirrect and pacey front three in a number of years at the club.. hope wenger realises this, and keeps the cazorlas/wilshires etc behind..
Original post by fallen_acorns
The Theo news is probably the most positive thing coming out at the moment..

Really hope he is ready to start against city, althogh I would prefer if he waited longer, if it means less of a risk of another injury..

His fitness and ability to perform at his old level, is crucial to our season.. he was missed badly last year.

in walcott - welbeck - sanchez, we have the first dirrect and pacey front three in a number of years at the club.. hope wenger realises this, and keeps the cazorlas/wilshires etc behind..

He won't start against City, we'd be lucky to see him on the bench imo. He might be a bit short of fitness for Dortmund too. Villa or mostly Tottenham more likely.
The way we start CL with Dortmund away is just evil. At least that's arguably the most difficult game out of the way first. Then of course there's always that game in Turkey to remember :colonhash:
Don't think we'll see a
walcott - welbeck - sanchez front 3 anytime soon
Does anyone else think jenkinson could be a cb in the future if he improves his decision making. I mean he's got the height, jump and athleticism for it. I'm just craving an English back four could you imagine Gibbs-chambers-jenkinson-new England rb(don't know who :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
The way we start CL with Dortmund away is just evil. At least that's arguably the most difficult game out of the way first. Then of course there's always that game in Turkey to remember :colonhash:

Something isn't right here, Chelsea groups are more than a lucky coincidence.

The remotely hardest group there is the 2012-13 and they didn't even qualify from that lol
Original post by sevchenko

The remotely hardest group there is the 2012-13 and they didn't even qualify from that lol

That's been on my mind ever since the draw was made, it's undeniably just more than a coincidence. I swear Abramovich sold shares of his business to Gazprom? Gazprom is the CL sponsor....Gazprom's headquarter is in Moscow....Abramovich is from Russia...so when you put 2 and 2 together...the penny drops.
Reply 8169
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
That's been on my mind ever since the draw was made, it's undeniably just more than a coincidence. I swear Abramovich sold shares of his business to Gazprom? Gazprom is the CL sponsor....Gazprom's headquarter is in Moscow....Abramovich is from Russia...so when you put 2 and 2 together...the penny drops.

Knowing Abramovich the 50 pound note drops

Don't forget their FA Cup draws as well. Their route to the semis since 07/08 has been:

Derby (A), Stoke (H), Man City (A) - Lost
Southampton (A), Brentford (A), Middlesborough (A), Man United (A) - Replay
Portsmouth (H), QPR (A), Birmingham (H), Leicester (H)
Ipswich (H), Everton (H) - Lost
Watford (H), Preston (A), Cardiff (H), Stoke (H)
Southend (H), Watford (H), Ipswich (A), Coventry (A)

QPR (H), Wigan (A), Huddersfield (H), Barnsley (A) - Lost

Bold is whenever they won the trophy, notice that they had a piss easy draw every time? Whenever they came across a half decent team they lost, or managed to scrape a replay. Roman must have been handing out a lot of brown envelopes.
It's not surprising really
This is actually very suspicious ngl.

I actually agree here.

They'll always get in to the quarters without playing a tough team, and by that time anybody can win it

They're either the luckiest team on the planet or there's some conspiracy going on here
lol.
The conspiracy theorists are out. Our group in 2011 was hard in Genk Leverkusen and Valencia. Only harder group for a first seed team was Bayerns that year.

We came top of that group and won the CL that year, not to mention facing Napoli in the R16 who were the hardest team there.
Havent got time now, but will post a multitude of Chelsea conspiracy theories and general tirades against them later.
Also, bumped into Wesley Sneijder and Kuyt at Amsterdam airport this morning, literally just buying chewing gum in the shop. Completely ignored Sneijder and just asked Kuyt if he remembered scoring that 96th minute pen at the Emirates to kill our 2011 title hopes. He says ''yes''. Stand there thinking of a way to mug him off for doing his job, then just wish him a nice game on Saturday like a bitch.

Missed opportunity somehow....

Had RVP been there, I would have gone in though, trust.,
(edited 9 years ago)
zurich,are you srs? if so then your one lucky guy....ive always wanted to meet a footballer....:colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Firstly, big lol at the above post.

secondly, it's not really a conspiracy theory that football is corrupt is it?

Latest