The Student Room Group

Is it wrong...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kseniagru
I wouldn't really think that you are leading the guy on. First of all, it's just for coffee, not a fancy restaurant or a cinema date or anything like that. Secondly, it's only the first "meetup" ( idk whether or not to call it a date or whatnot).

I would just say to not go on 2nd or 3rd "date" without saying that you're aren't looking for a relationship right now. Problem solved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

THANK YOU! :tongue:
[QUOTE="xOHarriet;48682628"]Is it wrong to say yes to a date with someone even if you have no interest in a romantic relationship?

Original post by xOHarriet
Guys it's coffee. I haven't said I'll marry the guy. Chill.

You know it's supposed to be a date, and you asked everyone whether it's wrong to say yes to one with no intention of things going further. It seems a few people think that it is wrong.

If I were you, I would go along to coffee. If/when he suggests a further date tell him that you came along because you like him, but that you're not ready for a relationship (in general, not just with him) right now.
I wouldn't really think that you are leading the guy on. First of all, it's just for coffee, not a fancy restaurant or a cinema date or anything like that. Secondly, it's only the first "meetup" ( idk whether or not to call it a date or whatnot).

I would just say to not go on 2nd or 3rd "date" without saying that you aren't looking for a relationship right now. Problem solved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

FYI, I don't think that most guys consider first dates to differ in seriousness depending on the venue.
Original post by TurboCretin
FYI, I don't think that most guys consider first dates to differ in seriousness depending on the venue.

It just seems more quotidian and casual to me.

Unless I'm whisking her away to Paris or some crazy **** like that, I really wouldn't draw a distinction. The aim is for it to be just the two of you with some romantic undertones, that can be achieved as much over coffee as carbonara.
Original post by Le Nombre
Unless I'm whisking her away to Paris or some crazy **** like that, I really wouldn't draw a distinction. The aim is for it to be just the two of you with some romantic undertones, that can be achieved as much over coffee as carbonara.

Oh, that is actually a good point. Fair enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It may be that, but I don't think that most guys would think that that reflects a difference in the romantic status of the date. Hope that makes sense.
I'd say go into it with an open mind. He might turn out to be a charmer, the chemistry could be good, you don't know. A date is an opportunity for both people to suss each other out and they sometimes provoke unexpected reactions. If you are absolutely steadfast about not getting involved again, don't go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending