The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Autistic Merit
Keep up to date with all the homework set. Ask the teacher for help if necessary - there is absolutely no point sitting there pretending to understand when you don't. Chances are, you're not the only one stuck anyway. Make use of the free periods in school; asking teachers for help during this time is really useful.

Also maintain a good work-life balance, eat healthily and get a bit of exercise in each week, even if it's just going for a walk or a bike ride.

Are you attracted to kids? It's just I've looked through some of the threads you've started and some of them are pretty creepy. For example, 'would you or would you not?' was a thread you made with a picture of a 15 year old.
(edited 9 years ago)
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
When you finished your maths degree, did you jump straight into your teaching course or did you get a job using your degree in another career?
(edited 9 years ago)
What nationality are you?

Also, are you tired with answering my questions?
Reply 704
What do I need to do to become a teacher? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 705
How many of the maths staff at your school are male and how many are female?
Reply 706
Hey.

First of all I want to say this thread has been quite amusing but I'm a bit concerned about you as a teacher. Taking a look through the threads you've started I've seen "Would you or would you not" The picture of the girl you made the thread about was 15 years old which you acknowledged then you even had the stupid idea to say that it's fine because her boob size make her look older. When things got a bit out of hand you tried to say you were the same age as her, except knowing your 24 and a teacher I'm aware you're not. Moving on I found a thread you started titled "attracted to Adolescents" In this thread you were asking if its fine. Next thread "why are forbidden relationships so attractive" Then your first example was a relationship with a teacher. Lastly you started a thread called "Paedo Teachers" now this one is the thread that concerned me the most. You specifically stated that it was OK for a Paedophile who was sexually attracted to children to be a teacher and said that paedophiles (who openly admit that they are, but haven't yet acted upon it) are fine working with children. You then, bizarrely said you thought it was appropriate for the teacher in question in that thread to be looking up girls skirts to check their uniforms, rather than asking them to lift their tops slightly.

As a professional teacher, starting more than 4 threads relating to paedophilia as a teacher is beyond irresponsible and you are not exactly protecting yourself. I think you should stay well clear of any topic relating to this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sgulmedic
I want your help with something. Can I PM you?

Sure. :smile:

Original post by STUDYREVISE
what do you love to see from a student?
do you generally judge them academically or from personality?
what is your description of an ideal student?
thanks! :smile:

I want to see students making the best of what they have and trying their hardest.
I tend to judge them academically, of course, but manners are very important for me.
Ideal student - honest, polite, asks for help, speaks to teacher with respect
Original post by mysterytour
Are you attracted to kids? It's just I've looked through some of the threads you've started and some of them are pretty creepy. For example, 'would you or would you not?' was a thread you made with a picture of a 15 year old.

Just no.
Original post by Scienceisgood
When you finished your maths degree, did you jump straight into your teaching course or did you get a job using your degree in another career?

Went straight into teaching.

Original post by Scienceisgood
What nationality are you?

Also, are you tired with answering my questions?

British and nope. :smile:
Original post by Lizy

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to get a degree and then a PGCE (one year course after your degree). If you want to be a primary teacher, you can also choose a 3 year degree which will get you into primary teaching directly.
Original post by Chewyy
How many of the maths staff at your school are male and how many are female?

I would say about 70% female and 30% male.
Why is it that most teachers can't teach well? Maths aside, teachers really do struggle. And that includes even the brightest of teachers from good universities.
Original post by Lizy

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can also do a degree in secondary science with a qts which is 3 years and can teach a level science but only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Autistic Merit
Not sure if you would be able to set up something on your computer/internet, so that it is disabled at certain times so that you can get on with some work without distractions?

Yeah, great idea, thanks!:dance:
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Why is it that most teachers can't teach well? Maths aside, teachers really do struggle. And that includes even the brightest of teachers from good universities.

Good universities do not necessarily make good teachers. They may not have the ability to explain things effectively, particularly to the low ability students although I'm sure the higher sets have their fair share of teachers who struggle too. They may also not have the patience or the commitment.

I disagree with you using the word 'most' though. I think it is only some teachers who are awful.
Original post by nabil921
You can also do a degree in secondary science with a qts which is 3 years and can teach a level science but only one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for jumping in but I want to be a Science teacher also. Is the QTS route a better one than say doing a degree in Physics and then doing a PGCE??? Still got two years to decide which one to do but what do you think gives me the best chance of getting a job and which one generally looks better to have done??? Thanks:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
might be a silly question (decided it is) but i'm going to ask anyway. do you think it's possible for a B grade student to become an A/A* student? (GCSE)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by deansimpala
Sorry for jumping in but I want to be a Science teacher also. Is the QTS route a better one than say doing a degree in Physics and then doing a PGCE??? Still got two years to decide which one to do but what do you think gives me the best chance of getting a job and which one generally looks better to have done??? Thanks:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm going to do the qts one this September but it depends by doing a degree in physics you have more options but you'll have to pay to go your pgce too so if you know you want to be a teacher just do the qts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nabil921
Well I'm going to do the qts one this September but it depends by doing a degree in physics you have more options but you'll have to pay to go your pgce too so if you know you want to be a teacher just do the qts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot!! There's a uni not too far from mine that does the qts one so I'll probably do that if I get accepted, just gotta get two years of a-levels done now hahaha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest