The Student Room Group

Predicted grades - please help!!!

Hi, I hope you guys are well.
I hope you can help me with a problem I have at the moment.
I want to study Accounting and Finance at Aston University (I have thought of back-up options too) and I meet the entry requirements for GCSEs. The requirements for A-levels is ABB, and one of my teachers has assured me that they'll predict me an A. For my other subjects, I didn't perform as well as I could've in yr12 - i got a mix of Bs and Cs - I know that my other teachers can predict me a B, but I really want them to predict me an A, to get a higher chance of getting a conditional offer. I have to admit that I did not take my studies as seriously as I should've in yr12, but I really have tried to change since the start of yr13 - I answer more questions in class, and give my teachers extra practice questions to mark. I just wanted to ask is there anything else I can do to ensure that I get good predicted grades? Do you think I should have a conversation with my teachers? I think they will need to finish finalising predicted grades by end of Oct/beginning of Nov. Thank you for your time.
Original post by ronweasley127
Hi, I hope you guys are well.
I hope you can help me with a problem I have at the moment.
I want to study Accounting and Finance at Aston University (I have thought of back-up options too) and I meet the entry requirements for GCSEs. The requirements for A-levels is ABB, and one of my teachers has assured me that they'll predict me an A. For my other subjects, I didn't perform as well as I could've in yr12 - i got a mix of Bs and Cs - I know that my other teachers can predict me a B, but I really want them to predict me an A, to get a higher chance of getting a conditional offer. I have to admit that I did not take my studies as seriously as I should've in yr12, but I really have tried to change since the start of yr13 - I answer more questions in class, and give my teachers extra practice questions to mark. I just wanted to ask is there anything else I can do to ensure that I get good predicted grades? Do you think I should have a conversation with my teachers? I think they will need to finish finalising predicted grades by end of Oct/beginning of Nov. Thank you for your time.

You should absolutely have a conversation with your teachers. Be direct. Ask them what evidence of your performance they would need to see to be comfortable predicting a grade A.

There are likely to be end-of-topic tests coming up. Make sure you ace those, and just try to genuinely convince your teachers that you're worthy of the A prediction.

It's their decision, but you can provide the evidence upon which that decision is based.
I think if your teachers are going to be predicting ABB then you will be fine for applying for Aston and your stress of getting the predictions to AAA are unecessary.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
You should absolutely have a conversation with your teachers. Be direct. Ask them what evidence of your performance they would need to see to be comfortable predicting a grade A.

There are likely to be end-of-topic tests coming up. Make sure you ace those, and just try to genuinely convince your teachers that you're worthy of the A prediction.

It's their decision, but you can provide the evidence upon which that decision is based.

ah thank u so much, thats right i rly need to ace my end of topic tests, and i'll have a conversation with them :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by totallyfine
I think if your teachers are going to be predicting ABB then you will be fine for applying for Aston and your stress of getting the predictions to AAA are unecessary.

yeah i was thinking about that, but i'm just afraid a candidate with better predicted grades could take my place...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending