The Student Room Group

I have no friends ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stinkum
Same here!!!!

How do you cope with silence and solitude?

reading mostly. a bit of studying here and there. a few outings with my dad. walks.
Reply 21
Original post by sherlockfan
reading mostly. a bit of studying here and there. a few outings with my dad. walks.

that's really nice. repped
Reply 22
not really, though I prefer not to be in big groups. I'm normally left to the side.

Oooooh i see. I have social anxiety and have very few friends because of it. I dont like being in groups either. The friends i have it took me a long time to get close to. I guess u're not that weird.
early 20s, not in school or education. im doing some volunteering work for English heritage.

How long have you been volunteering there, have you tried to make friends, e.g. talking to people?
How is it even possible not to have any friends? :eek:
Original post by yellowcopter
How long have you been volunteering there, have you tried to make friends, e.g. talking to people?

im starting my first shift this week, but from what I saw it's mainly university history graduates or students. I feel so old compared to them and I don't think we'd have much in common.
Original post by Stinkum
that's really nice. repped

thank you.
Original post by The vampire
How is it even possible not to have any friends? :eek:

some individuals have traits that other people don't want to associate with eg. a mental illness, which isn't attractive.
I don't judge anyone or push anyone away. I can generally get along with people but I don't form long term friendships. in my experience it seems that no one can be bothered or no one cares about me enough to want a part in my life. and I cant say I blame them.

Could that not be taken both ways though? If you drift apart, it's because both haven't bothered to keep in touch, not one. If you just let them go then it would appear to them also that you don't care much either.
I honestly thought having no friends was a prerequisite to doing an ask me anything
im starting my first shift this week, but from what I saw it's mainly university history graduates or students. I feel so old compared to them and I don't think we'd have much in common.

Use the experience to make friends! Even if they're of different age don't think of it like that. :smile: If you talk to people, about your interests and so forth I'm sure you'll find and make plenty of friends.
Original post by Paralove
Could that not be taken both ways though? If you drift apart, it's because both haven't bothered to keep in touch, not one. If you just let them go then it would appear to them also that you don't care much either.

I try to keep in touch with people, but often I get no response. I'm tired of chasing after people.
I'm going to bed. any further questions will be answered tomorrow.
Original post by yellowcopter
Use the experience to make friends! Even if they're of different age don't think of it like that. :smile: If you talk to people, about your interests and so forth I'm sure you'll find and make plenty of friends.

I don't know if just talking to people is enough to make and keep friends. as soon as I stop volunteering it'll be like I never met them.
some individuals have traits that other people don't want to associate with eg. a mental illness, which isn't attractive.

That's stupid, I'd be your friend whether or not you have a mental illness. :smile:
Reply 34
Yes all the time. If theres something I want to see I dont depend on other people to go see it.

Good on you
Is this a result of dropping out of uni (or rather the reasons for doing so)?
I don't know if just talking to people is enough to make and keep friends. as soon as I stop volunteering it'll be like I never met them.

Of course it is, the more you talk to people the more you get to know them - leading to making friends. If you don't talk to them, nothing will happen. You can't wait for people to talk to you, sometimes you need to take the initiative. :smile:

How do you know it'll be like you never met them once you leave. If you keep predicting the worst, you're just making a wall for yourself. But that will be the case if you don't make friends in the first place.

If you don't give making friends a chance, you won't be able to make friends with anyone during your volunteering. So technically you just don't want friends. Which is fine - but I assume isn't what you want.
Awe il be your friend :smile:
Reply 38

What do you enjoy reading? As in type of books/authors etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have friends either. Can we be friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest