The Student Room Group

Is it okay if my boyfriend doesn’t want me to talk to other boys?

So I will try to explain the situation clear. I made this account strictly to ask this question because I’m torn on what to do. I have already asked some of my friends and they all said it wasn’t okay. My boyfriend doesn’t like me talking to other boys on a daily basis, even though they don’t know what I sound like nor what I look like either. Most of them don’t even know my real name, I make it clear that I’m in a relationship and they respect that also. I only play roblox with them and only speak to them through discord, I don’t give out any of my personal social media to any of them apart from the girl friends I know on there. He seemed relatively fine with this at the beginning of our relationship but he got more irritated with it as time went on. I don’t flirt with any of them either, I make it clear to him that I don’t see them as anything more than people I play a game with/friends. He keeps saying that it’s wrong and weird to have guy friends whilst in a relationship and whilst I get where he’s coming from, I still can’t help but think that they’re only on the internet. A few other small issues we have had is that he doesn’t like me posting my face on social media and me telling the guy friends that I’m feeling down so I won’t be active on discord or roblox until I feel better. He also constantly brings up the fact that he doesn’t have any girl friends so why should I have guy friends? I don’t understand why he brings this up either because I told him I wouldn’t care if he had girl friends because I trust him enough to reject them if they were to ever try anything like that with him.

I honestly don’t know how much more I can take but I love him a lot and I’m scared to lose him. I don’t know what to do.
Reply 1
I think no one should curb our independence. Whether you are in a relationship or not always . Never let anyone control your freedom. If someone loves you they will respect your freedom and your likes and dislikes. You have to accept each other with flaws but cannot restrict each other from doing what you all want to do
Original post by AngelicMinx
So I will try to explain the situation clear. I made this account strictly to ask this question because I’m torn on what to do. I have already asked some of my friends and they all said it wasn’t okay. My boyfriend doesn’t like me talking to other boys on a daily basis, even though they don’t know what I sound like nor what I look like either. Most of them don’t even know my real name, I make it clear that I’m in a relationship and they respect that also. I only play roblox with them and only speak to them through discord, I don’t give out any of my personal social media to any of them apart from the girl friends I know on there. He seemed relatively fine with this at the beginning of our relationship but he got more irritated with it as time went on. I don’t flirt with any of them either, I make it clear to him that I don’t see them as anything more than people I play a game with/friends. He keeps saying that it’s wrong and weird to have guy friends whilst in a relationship and whilst I get where he’s coming from, I still can’t help but think that they’re only on the internet. A few other small issues we have had is that he doesn’t like me posting my face on social media and me telling the guy friends that I’m feeling down so I won’t be active on discord or roblox until I feel better. He also constantly brings up the fact that he doesn’t have any girl friends so why should I have guy friends? I don’t understand why he brings this up either because I told him I wouldn’t care if he had girl friends because I trust him enough to reject them if they were to ever try anything like that with him.

I honestly don’t know how much more I can take but I love him a lot and I’m scared to lose him. I don’t know what to do.

No not okay at all. He is controlling. You should be able to talk to whoever you want.
Reply 3
Original post by AngelicMinx

Hi
It’s not ok at all and will only get worse if you ignore it . You should have an open conversation on why he doesn’t trust you and ask him to express his feelings .

If his answer is still unreasonable I recommend you leave the relationship.

I doesn’t really matter , but I’m guessing your like really young or smth , so plz don’t let silly boys ruin your fun time and keep enjoying life

Best wishes
-appleonly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending