The Student Room Group

advice with friend issues, and being alone in school

Hey so its one of my first posts here but i thought i would give it a shot
last year i finished my gcse's and i had a really close friend who i spent all summer with. i tend to fall in love with all of my best friends (not romantically but platonically because i care so much about them) . but overtime i could see that she would start to linger away from me in social situations in school. she wouldn't talk to me anymore if it wasn't neccessary and she seems more comfortable and open with new people. what hurts the most is that she used to be so comfortable with me aand now seeing her make plans with her other friends that we were supposed to do together just ******* kills me.
i feel like im supposed to move on and find new people but i spent most of my time with her through secondary and i really regret not branching out more. i dont know if i should keep trying but i know deep inside she does not care anymore. i see her stories on insta with her being close/doing fun stuff with her new friends and i cant help feeling jealous and hurt because she just left me when all i was to her was giving , kind and loyal.
i dont know what to do with myself. i care so much about these things and i wish i didnt. i wish i could be interesting enough for her.
someone please tell me it gets better in uni.
i am already going into yr 13 and i am just tired of trying and getting constantly dissapointed by people who dont seem care about me when i put so much effort.
thanks for reading ... i just didnt know where else to ask for advice abt this
Reply 1
What ur feeling is perfectly normal. Did u do anything that u think could have pushed her away, or was it just something that naturally happened - if it was that then unfortunately theres often not a lot u can do. Trying to be friends with people who dont seem to really care about u can be tiring, and if ur finding that that is consistently happening, u should try maybe doing some stuff on ur own, picking up hobbies outside of school so u can both meet new people external to all of this, but also be able to enjoy ur time when ur alone
i cant think of anything i have done to push her away. everytime i approach her now for a conversation she always looks for an excuse to leave it. im just so conflicted whether i should dwell on this more or try again to fix it with her. i sound pathetic but its really affected me -more than any romantic breakup - because there is no explanation , especially going into yr13 where noone seems interested in making friends anymore (i think) im just feeling a bit lost and dissapointed this summer .
Reply 3
Original post by stressedbonsai
i cant think of anything i have done to push her away. everytime i approach her now for a conversation she always looks for an excuse to leave it. im just so conflicted whether i should dwell on this more or try again to fix it with her. i sound pathetic but its really affected me -more than any romantic breakup - because there is no explanation , especially going into yr13 where noone seems interested in making friends anymore (i think) im just feeling a bit lost and dissapointed this summer .

I assume that uve went and actually talked about this with her, asking why shes avoiding u and if its smth u did. If u have and shes actively avoiding u, unfortunately there isnt anything else u can really do. U just need to accept that if shes not trying to fix anything, u shouldnt blame urself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending