The Student Room Group

How do I stop being jealous of my crush and my best friend?

I feel like a major hypocrite. First of all, they're only friends because I introduced them to each other. I'm friends with my crush and of course, my best friend is my best friend.

I know my best friend would never go behind my back like that, she's too sweet for her own good. But I still can't help the jealousy bubbling within me at their friendship. My jealousy goes both ways: I'm worried she'll take him from me, and I'm worried he'll take her from me. I really like him, and I absolutely adore my best friend, but I can't help it. I want to stop feeling like this, because today I kind of blew the both of them off without meaning to. My best friend has been asking me what the matter was and I'm so ashamed to tell her. Someone please help me.
Original post by SheIsDivine
I feel like a major hypocrite. First of all, they're only friends because I introduced them to each other. I'm friends with my crush and of course, my best friend is my best friend.

I know my best friend would never go behind my back like that, she's too sweet for her own good. But I still can't help the jealousy bubbling within me at their friendship. My jealousy goes both ways: I'm worried she'll take him from me, and I'm worried he'll take her from me. I really like him, and I absolutely adore my best friend, but I can't help it. I want to stop feeling like this, because today I kind of blew the both of them off without meaning to. My best friend has been asking me what the matter was and I'm so ashamed to tell her. Someone please help me.

Make a move for your crush, make your feelings clear to him you win you gain
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
So why haven't you asked your crush on a date?

You snooze, you lose...
Original post by SheIsDivine

I’ll help ya
Ok at least ur best friend is not some backbiting idiot which makes things a lot better
Ur best friend should be ur safe space and you should be able to talk about a lot of things with her (obvi not saying u have to)
So she knows u like him right?
Ok so if she knows that you like him and you’re rlly close and them two are getting close as well then that makes it perfect
You can ask her to ask him weather he likes you or not
And as for you being ashamed to tell her, just say that she’s your best friend and you don’t want to lose her, and that even though you know she would never do anything like it, you feel as though since he’s your crush you just feel a bit like idk possessive of him but obviously there’s nothing wrong with talking to him but you just want him to like you, so the same way you’d get jealous if he takes her away from you, you’re also jealous if she takes him away from you or something
You know she wouldn’t do anything like that, but you fear that he might catch feelings as they become close
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia

You snooze, you lose...

Either that or just tell them both how you feel. It may actually make you feel less jealous to know they are yours and not going anywhere and their relationship won't impact the relationship with you.
Original post by Surnia

You snooze, you lose...

Don't underestimate the significance of asking someone out on a date. It's a decision that requires thoughtful consideration. And when it comes to feeling jealous, there's no need to feel ashamed - it's a completely normal and healthy instinct.It is not helpful when you just say "you snooze , you lose" , we know it will but she is just scared but you are just being brutally honest and its your opinion but still

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending