The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

4Ed
i find you don't end up looking like an idiot if there's someone else doing what you're doing. get a mate down there with you and just copy each others moves. that way you don't feel stupid.

Ah, the Winchester shuffle. No wonder everyone thinks you are bummer boys :tongue:

Dancing isn't my bag.
4Ed
i find you don't end up looking like an idiot if there's someone else doing what you're doing. get a mate down there with you and just copy each others moves. that way you don't feel stupid.

Or perhaps the only difference is that both of you are humiliated. :smile:
Reply 42
Joey_Johns
Ah, the Winchester shuffle. No wonder everyone thinks you are bummer boys :tongue:

Dancing isn't my bag.

just because you lack the self confidence, you eton ****ers. :tongue:
Reply 43
Joey_Johns

Dancing isn't my bag.

hahaha... i've never heard of the winchester shuffle. elaborate :biggrin:
Joey_Johns

Dancing isn't my bag.

i think i agree i don't think i like dancing. Part of the reason is i look down on dancable music like Justin Trousersnake Usher etc ( I listen to Jimi Hendrix and stuff) and can't really enjoy the music
Reply 45
iiikewldude
i know how to do ballroom dancing. I can't do the club type where you make stuff up on your own sort of thing. I can't think of what to do without looking like an idiot.

Well then if you have had formal lessons you shouldn't find adapting it too hard. The stuff you have to make up is far less demanding than that kind of dancing - having the rhythm and not doing anything blatantly stupid is all there is to it. It's a universal fact that guys generally can't dance, so it can't be that bad once you have those two mastered.
Reply 46
iiikewldude
i think i agree i don't think i like dancing. Part of the reason is i look down on dancable music like Justin Trousersnake Usher etc ( I listen to Jimi Hendrix and stuff) and can't really enjoy the music

tho in all honesty, i'm probably like you. people from winchester don't have to dance to be charming...

unlike some... :wink:
get pissed and grab a woman put her ass in ur crotch and follow her movement, easy :wink:
iiikewldude

As seen from your sig. You ever listened to Jim Croce? I think you would like his music if not, look for a CD.
Reply 49
Joey_Johns
As seen from your sig. You ever listened to Jim Croce? I think you would like his music if not, look for a CD.

ive heard his stuff its ok, very folk
TheWolf
ive heard his stuff its ok, very folk

Yes, I like it, especially when driving my car. He is pretty unkown over here which is a shame as some of his songs are beautiful.
Reply 51
Joey_Johns
Yes, I like it, especially when driving my car. He is pretty unkown over here which is a shame as some of his songs are beautiful.

yea agreed, im not in the mood to listen to this type of music atm! i need something uplifting to do my coursework with :biggrin: but sometimes i do listen to that, simon and garfunkel...etc
Reply 52
SoulBrother
get pissed and grab a woman put her ass in ur crotch and follow her movement, easy :wink:

what happens if she cant dance? :confused:
Reply 53
i'm told im a good dancer, i THINK i dance like an idiot (im pretty tall and skinny so coordination can be a problem :biggrin: ) but I just enjoy myself!

You shouldn't be too bothered about it because everyone dances badly if you analyse it and if you don't feel confident then you dance even worse.
Reply 54
pretend you're justin or jacko tee hee
Reply 55
I think it's a good idea to practice at home. I used to be hopeless at dancing, but every so often I'd hear a song on the radio or CD and just started dancing. Watching films like Save the Last Dance and Dirty Dancing always inspires me too. My dancing improves when I'm with other ppl though...not sure why. Dancing is all about fun and attitude imo.
Reply 56
Helenia
It's a universal fact that guys generally can't dance.

So what excuse do you give if you happen to be a girl who can't dance (to save her life)?
Reply 57
shilling
So what excuse do you give if you happen to be a girl who can't dance (to save her life)?

Pretend. I'm rubbish really, not a proper dancer at all, but I know basically what you have to do, and it's not that hard. Getting over the embarassment factor is the big thing.
Reply 58
Helenia
Pretend. I'm rubbish really, not a proper dancer at all, but I know basically what you have to do, and it's not that hard. Getting over the embarassment factor is the big thing.

yeh that's my major problem, if all my mates are dancing and i've had a few drinks i'm ok though. but i tend to not go to dancy places and when i do i mess around dancing with like my best mate cos neither of us are out to pull and our bfs won't dance, so we jus have a giggle.

lou xxx
Reply 59
getting drunk does definetly help :biggrin:
give you loads more confidence, and thats all you need really. Im going clubbing tonight and plan to drink as much as poss before hitting the dance floor :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending