The Student Room Group

Good ways to make money

List your ways of how you've made your money excluding the normal day job

I'll start off with my little fortune. I applied to Google adsense a while back and initially I didn't make that much about £1-2 a day so it wasn't really worth it for a full time thing but I was doing my A levels alongside this so money wasn't a concern due to my parents providing and funding my expenditure.

Fast Forward till now and with a lot of effort put it I've managed to rack up £664 from pretty much doing nothing which is pretty good and it's still going strong.

Before getting involved with adsense, I had a friend who introduced me to making money through online surveys I racked up around £100 on them but after I switched sides and got people to do surveys for me which racked me up $352

Maybe you could share your stories of how you made some extra cash
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i think the most obvious and tried and tested way to make money over time, is to somehow buy a property somewhere in Greater London
Reply 2
Original post by Meenglishnogood
i think the most obvious and tried and tested way to make money over time, is to somehow buy a property somewhere in Greater London

You must have some serious money if that's an initial investment

I'm talking about the little things and eventually building up to such a stage as investing in properties
Sell your body to old-age men.
Bet365. Bet in-play. Now.
I've made money doing surveys, music reviews and all that shizz so much fun :yawn:

Moving on to other ideas now :laugh:
Reply 6
What sort of websites do you place adverts on with adsense?
Original post by thenead

this.
Reply 8
Original post by thenead

I can't really tell you otherwise I'd give away my niche but it's about spotting trends in society and producing something based on that with ads placed relevant to that subject matter. More popularity = more traffic = more money
Reply 9
Original post by Dilsz
x

When you say 'full time' how much were you earning on average per hour.
Reply 10
Original post by Kuriboh
When you say 'full time' how much were you earning on average per hour.

It didn't really work that way but the most I've earned from a 24 hour cycle is £60
Original post by Dilsz
List your ways of how you've made your money excluding the normal day job

I'll start off with my little fortune. I applied to Google adsense a while back and initially I didn't make that much about £1-2 a day so it wasn't really worth it for a full time thing but I was doing my A levels alongside this so money wasn't a concern due to my parents providing and funding my expenditure.

Fast Forward till now and with a lot of effort put it I've managed to rack up £664 from pretty much doing nothing which is pretty good and it's still going strong.

Before getting involved with adsense, I had a friend who introduced me to making money through online surveys I racked up around £100 on them but after I switched sides and got people to do surveys for me which racked me up $352

Maybe you could share your stories of how you made some extra cash

how does adsense actually work?
Reply 12
Original post by 29Bilal96
how does adsense actually work?

You create a website. Place an Adsense banner advert on it. Get paid everytime someone clicks the banner.
I've made a decent income from managing Twitter accounts. Well, not income, free products to the value of:

1) £150 a month
2) £150 a month
3) £75 cash a month
4) £75 a month

However due to time constraints I am only continuing with one of the above.

If I was a student again, I would be diving straight into social media management for companies who don't currently utilise it.
Original post by commandant
I've made a decent income from managing Twitter accounts. Well, not income, free products to the value of:

1) £150 a month
2) £150 a month
3) £75 cash a month
4) £75 a month

However due to time constraints I am only continuing with one of the above.

If I was a student again, I would be diving straight into social media management for companies who don't currently utilise it.

How do you get into this?
Original post by Book_club
How do you get into this?

Contacting companies, telling them what I could offer. I would do a free trial for a month.
Original post by MidnightDream
I've made money doing surveys, music reviews and all that shizz so much fun :yawn:

Moving on to other ideas now :laugh:

I do free online surveys/tasks too, but for gift cards.
Don't make millions, but you can easily make enough for an Amazon gift card a day.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7GFYNVJ

A survey to find out your views on beanie designs. Thank you if you do take part, it would really help :-) You will have the chance of winning a £10 Amazon gift card if you take part!
Original post by anonymous2014

A survey to find out your views on beanie designs. Thank you if you do take part, it would really help :-) You will have the chance of winning a £10 Amazon gift card if you take part!

done, I really hope I win, £10 could be useful
Original post by anonymous2014

Never got how people earn money doing surveys. I signed up to a few but it seems like a never ending application process

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending