The Student Room Group

Biology Olympiad 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone that's going to the ceremony on Thursday, have you received tickets or anything of the sort, or do you think it's just a case of turning up and they'll have everyone's names on a list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmmaDalby97
Anyone that's going to the ceremony on Thursday, have you received tickets or anything of the sort, or do you think it's just a case of turning up and they'll have everyone's names on a list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are no tickets. If you've confirmed you will be attending then your name will be on the list.
Original post by JDickerson
There are no tickets. If you've confirmed you will be attending then your name will be on the list.

WHAA???My teacher didn't even tell me there's a ceremony and forget about confirming attendance.
Original post by AndyChow
WHAA???My teacher didn't even tell me there's a ceremony and forget about confirming attendance.

From what I remember, all medallists get emailed an invitation to the ceremony.
From what I remember, all medallists get emailed an invitation to the ceremony.

Clearly I didn't:tongue:, Never once I was asked for email, I just put my name on a sign up sheet and log in did the test log off...
Also with the dress code being 'smart' how smart are people dressing? With the weather being so up and down I'm having a bit of a nightmare because I'd rather not have to walk around London all day overheating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone wants to share what happened in the awards ceremony?
Reply 107
Hi..I was wondering if it's possible for a student to prepare for biology olympiad in just one year!?( i'm 16 and it might seem very late to start now ...)
and another question..could u plz list all the textbooks that we need to study?
A year is plenty of time. Just from my a level knowledge I managed to do quite will

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
I am a previous UK IBO team member. The experience was amazing and I would give almost everything to go again. To ensure you get this once in a lifetime opportunity, I recommend you start preparing as soon as possible. You can take part in BBO round 1 in January if you do A-level biology or equivalent.
I can help by giving advice and access to a large amount of resources. For extra help, I will be offering tutoring over skype for a small fee. Respond to this thread if you are interested.

Hi, i was wondering if it's possible to study for biology olympiad in almost a year?( i'm 16.5 and it's probably a little too late to start but i really love to participate..)
another thing..could u plz name the textbooks?
Reply 110
Original post by Follett
A year is plenty of time. Just from my a level knowledge I managed to do quite will

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really good at biology but all my friends have been studying for years !and most people keep telling me it's too late and i'd better focus on my school lessons rather than starting to study for the olympiad
Reply 111
Original post by martyynyyte
As a former participant of two IBOs I would also recommend take a look at this blog http://biolympiads.blogspot.com/. New study material and past papers as well as various tips and tricks are constantly uploaded.

Hi, i was wondering if it's possible to study for biology olympiad in almost a year?( i'm 16.5 and it's probably a little too late to start but i really love to participate..)
another thing..could u plz name the textbooks?
Original post by Hasti.M
Hi..I was wondering if it's possible for a student to prepare for biology olympiad in just one year!?( i'm 16 and it might seem very late to start now ...)
and another question..could u plz list all the textbooks that we need to study?

I found Aadvanced Biology by Michael Kent very helpful when I did the olympiad
Are calculators allowed in the BBO?
I'm in year 12 and somehow managed to get a Gold medal in the first round of the Olympiad by doing a bit of extra reading and a practice paper :') Does anyone know what happens with the award thing?
After some googling, I found a good blog Biolympiads for biology olympiad preparation. There are many handouts, chapter reviews, past papers, and tips and tricks. It really focuses on the International Biology Olympiad and thus contains lots of useful study resources not only for olympiad but also for AP Biology exams.
I am a previous UK IBO team member. The experience was amazing and I would give almost everything to go again. To ensure you get this once in a lifetime opportunity, I recommend you start preparing as soon as possible. You can take part in BBO round 1 in January if you do A-level biology or equivalent.
I can help by giving advice and access to a large amount of resources. For extra help, I will be offering tutoring over skype for a small fee. Respond to this thread if you are interested.

I just found out today that I am doing the second round of the BBO tomorrow. I know the format is a written paper, but what exactly does this entail? Will there be short questions asking me to write essays, or is it more like an A-level biology paper where I work through different stages of a question and where most answers are short?
Thank you.
Which campbell biologt book Can u share plz?
Can you help me, plz ? Im going to participate BBO next year
Hi :smile: I’m going to do it this year but can’t find any past papers. Could you send a link to some if you have access to any please ? Thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending