The Student Room Group

what is your hangover cure of choice?

I go for cherry coke and fried eggs usually.

Scroll to see replies

Fry up and coke

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
chocolate doughnut, lots of coffee
You get a hangover because ethanol inhibits your ADH (anti-diuretic hormone), which causes you to pee lots.
Because you're losing lots of dilute urine, you end up with a higher sodium concentration in your blood.
This high sodium concentration causes water to leave cells by osmosis.
As the cells become dehydrated (including your brain cells), they shrink, you then wake up with a parched mouth and a massive headache.

As you can see, the cure is lots of water!
In general, try to match your alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic ones at 1:1 ratio.
If you can't do this then try to drink a pint or two of water before you sleep.

Happy not-getting-hangovers-ever-again day!
A salad please, preferably with honey and tonnes of peppers! :blushing:
lots of water and also a cheeky fry up in the morning helps
Reply 6
Get drunk again lololol

*dont really drink*
A large slush puppie, ice lolly and if I can stomach it a slice of toast
Reply 8
More alcohol
Original post by jacobt96
More alcohol

Read a research paper on this recently, and it concluded that hair of the dog does actually cure an hangover. Not just simply because of the fact of getting drunk again, either.
footlong subway and enough fanta to drown myself.
If you can eat without throwing up, you haven't really got a hangover.
Hot water and an apple.
Orange juice (replaces lost sugar and fluid), paracetamol, and ibuprofen (only when my stomach is fine but headache/nausea)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrEFeynman
Read a research paper on this recently, and it concluded that hair of the dog does actually cure an hangover. Not just simply because of the fact of getting drunk again, either.

It doesn't really cure it, just delays the symptoms. A hangover can be thought of as alcohol withdrawal symptoms. So if you don't withdraw you won't get a hangover :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jacksimms95
I go for cherry coke and fried eggs usually.

Well scientifically, I believe a (homemade) milkshake of banana, honey and milk is the way forward. Apparently the banna replaces the depleted potassium, the honey boosts your depleted blood sugar and the milk re-hydrates you.

Not that I need this. Your clearly not drinking enough, you become immune to hangovers after a while.
Original post by Asklepios
It doesn't really cure it, just delays the symptoms. A hangover can be thought of as alcohol withdrawal symptoms. So if you don't withdraw you won't get a hangover :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

People always say this, but its not true. A few pints is enough to cure the first hangover, but not enough to give you a second one.

I would not recommend this though, although it undoubtedly relieves the symptoms, it is not good for your liver at all.
Original post by cole-slaw
People always say this, but its not true. A few pints is enough to cure the first hangover, but not enough to give you a second one.

I would not recommend this though, although it undoubtedly relieves the symptoms, it is not good for your liver at all.

Yeah just slowly come off alcohol. That as well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chicken nuggets if I can stomach them :h: Costa poured over ice smoothies are good too :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest