The Student Room Group

What was the best thing a Starbucks lady have done for you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snikutsmullac
We're not allowed to say blend, we have to say roast.

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For making my favourite drink coffee frappuccino nice and dilute Didn't even taste like coffee at all, mmmmm.
Original post by toonervoustotalk

God knows.
Original post by littlejellybird
For making my favourite drink coffee frappuccino nice and dilute Didn't even taste like coffee at all, mmmmm.

Then, what's the point?
God knows.

haha
Whenever they dont cringe when I try to flirt with them is good...
Reply 26
They're just there to work, they have a job to do and customers to serve.
inb4 Starbucks vs Costa argument

A lady put an extra shot of vanilla for me because I asked so nicely :love:
Accepting my name was vampy :wink:
got my latte, brownies and a cupcake for free :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then, what's the point?

I'm guessing sarcasm isn't your forte.
Original post by littlejellybird
I'm guessing sarcasm isn't your forte.

Touché.
Served me my coffee within a reasonable amount of time...
Original post by Solid.Snake
Served me my coffee within a reasonable amount of time...

What drink did you order?
What drink did you order?

I think it was a mocha
Original post by Solid.Snake
I think it was a mocha

In fairness, mochas do take quite a while.
When I was working in Starbucks, as a Starbucks male-lady-man (official title), there was a crazy heavy torrent of rain one day and within minutes we had a huge queue. An old man, shaking, counted his change and pointed up at the menu and said he'd take the mocha drink that was like three dollars (I was on the J1). I pointed out that the drink he was asking for was made with ice, but he insisted that was the one he wanted. I made him his teeny tiny iced-drink that he and his waiting wife were going to share. He came back less than a minute later, looking so sad and said that he didn't know that it was cold. I glanced at my manager who was looking the other way and told the old man not to worry. A minute later I pushed two large hot mochas into the man's hands and told him to stay warm in the miserable weather. I got a few dirty looks from waiting customers, but feck them.
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
When I was working in Starbucks, as a Starbucks male-lady-man (official title), there was a crazy heavy torrent of rain one day and within minutes we had a huge queue. An old man, shaking, counted his change and pointed up at the menu and said he'd take the mocha drink that was like three dollars (I was on the J1). I pointed out that the drink he was asking for was made with ice, but he insisted that was the one he wanted. I made him his teeny tiny iced-drink that he and his waiting wife were going to share. He came back less than a minute later, looking so sad and said that he didn't know that it was cold. I glanced at my manager who was looking the other way and told the old man not to worry. A minute later I pushed two large hot mochas into the man's hands and told him to stay warm in the miserable weather. I got a few dirty looks from waiting customers, but feck them.

If he ordered the drink that you told him was cold then that's his own fault?
If he ordered the drink that you told him was cold then that's his own fault?

I'm not sure what the question is.
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
I'm not sure what the question is.

You told the man that the drink he was going to originally order was cold. I don't think he's in any position to come back in later and complain about it and get special treatment.

Quick Reply

Latest