The Student Room Group

A-level results day - Is it normal to not feel worried?

Looking at the results day threads just freaks me out. Everyone is saying they feel physically sick, they are going to die, they have nightmares about it etc, and I am here completely apathetic? I get my results in two days along with everyone else, but I just don't seem to care at all. Is everyone else exaggerating or am I seriously not normal for being way too calm (apathetic) about this. Browsing google has not helped, with about a dozen different medical sites diagnosing me as a psychopath, and WebMD stating that I probably have cancer (as it always does). Does anyone else feel completely unworried about their results day, or is it just me?
it could be a feeling of numbness? as in you have no energy to be stressing and have accepted what will be will be, and the amount you stress won't do anything about the outcome.. maybe?
Nah, that is completely fine. Some people get worried, others don't. I'm ****ting myself :P but that is just me. I know others who aren't really that fussed :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
it could be a feeling of numbness? as in you have no energy to be stressing and have accepted what will be will be, and the amount you stress won't do anything about the outcome.. maybe?

It isn't really numbness or acceptance, I just...can't be bothered? I know I under performed and I probably got terrible grades (and that isn't an 'Oh I know I did TERRIBLE, I just FEEL IT', everyone around me accepted from before I sat my exams that I wouldn't do well), but I just don't feel anything. For my GCSEs I was like everyone else but now its just another day to me?

Original post by Munrot07
Nah, that is completely fine. Some people get worried, others don't. I'm ****ting myself :P but that is just me. I know others who aren't really that fussed :smile:

Cheers but I haven't seen anyone else like that on TSR, and although I know TSR generally represents the more nerdy, academic groups of students, I am still quite surprised at how abnormal my reaction seems to be. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest