The Student Room Group

4 days at new job, I’m loving it, but I’m doing terrible

I’m 4 days into my new job and I’m terrible on the till, I’m being trained but is it normal to still be bad at the job after 4 days?

How long do employers expect you to learn how to do the job perfectly?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m 4 days into my new job and I’m terrible on the till, I’m being trained but is it normal to still be bad at the job after 4 days?

it really depends. 4 days is really early days and it depends if you have previous till experience. Don't worry you will be fine.
Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hey don't worry about it as you are just starting the job.
Working on tills can be daunting for some people but others will pick it up quicker than others. rather do tills than working on the shop floor but there's times staff have to do the tills.

Any issues with doing it then speak to your supervisor or manager ☺️.
Reply 3
It can take a while to get the hang of any new job, 4 days is really very early. Hang in there, you'll be OK!
A job isn't perfect until you can figure out solutions and results for every issue. This is my first time working a job; before this, I used to work remotely from home, but I feel good because I know a lot about my field and also how to find solutions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending